Restoring an Icon: XTZ660 Ténéré

bikesncats

Bikes
TDM850
Starting with a couple pics before n after
IMG_20180414_162838.jpg
IMG_20180512_155859.jpg
IMG_20180511_165432.jpg
A detailed description with pics will follow as soon as i get an extra minute.

I never had the pleasure of riding one of these, I owned an XT550 which I really loved and also a 600 Tenere which was also enjoyable to ride.
I imagine the 660 was even better

Thats a cracking job on the resto Alex, a proper classic bike pity you cant ship it to Thailand i would love it.

Those bikes, low maintenance large bore singles are what a lot of people would love to have to travel and explore the nether regions in SEA.

Cracking Job B&C!!

Thats a cracking job on the resto Alex, a proper classic bike pity you cant ship it to Thailand i would love it.

Thnx for your kind words Bob. I could ride it to thailand now that i have a cambodian license plate in my name...but if i wanted to leave it there it would cost another tax, not sure though how much they would charge coming from here.
Though I'm really not keen on selling it, i got 2 interested parties already around 3k usd (100,000thb).
This baby grew on me more n more even on the nicely paved roads in Europe...who needs an expensive GS or similar when you go 400+km on one tank in comfort and the lower weight lets you grind 2k km of road, even twistes...with energy left at the end of the day. Yup, truly still the best do it all adventure bike!

I never had the pleasure of riding one of these, I owned an XT550 which I really loved and also a 600 Tenere which was also enjoyable to ride.
I imagine the 660 was even better

Well...i actually went str8 from the xt500 to the 600 Ténéré...both great bikes but i must admit this baby is offering some extra piece of mind (and less heat) with its liquid cooled engine. Though the thermostat busted only 4 days into the trip, a quick shunt at tge plug took care of the problem till i got here and started overhauling her...she never let me down. Perhaps in another thread we'll discuss the Shinko tires, E-804/805 simply brilliant for this baby.

Back
Top Bottom