Relaxed formalities for foreign motorcycles entering Vietnam

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
You can now take a foreign motorcycle into Vietnam without needing a guide. It was a grey area over the last 12 months and now has been proven to be correct.

Now, to take a foreign motorcycle into Vietnam, all you need is a licensed/ qualified Vietnam agent to submit your itinerary and motorcycle documents for approval from the Vietnamese Governement and you are free to roam in Vietnam for 30 days.

Cost is anywhere from USD$ 150- USD$ 225 depending on your agent and itin. to get approved for entry.

Hey Phil I thought I posted but it doesn't look like it showed up, have you or anyone got a contact that maybe able to do this from here in Cambodia, I'm happy to be a guinea pig and let people know how it goes.

What great news.. Lets hope it becomes clearly established and sticks..

Hi Phil, this are really good news. I have checked google but couldn't find any (in Vietnam authorised) Travel agency here in Bangkok. Do you know any agency who knows the new rules and has the permit to do this application?

Thanks.

Greetings Andreas

footer.jpg

Hi Phil, this are really good news. I have checked google but couldn't find any (in Vietnam authorised) Travel agency here in Bangkok. Do you know any agency who knows the new rules and has the permit to do this application?

Thanks.

Greetings Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Let me know if you hear anything. I was in Hanoi a few months ago and would love to go back with my bike sometime soon.

Craig

Hi Andreas,

Let me know if you hear anything. I was in Hanoi a few months ago and would love to go back with my bike sometime soon.

Craig

Hi Craig,

I will check it out here in BKK but I think I have to contact an agency in Vietnam and they have may be a partner in BKK.... will see how it will be working.

Greetings Andreas

footer.jpg

I'm guessing this is an old thread; but what is the latest verified information about this? I am planning a trip from Kyrgyzstan to SEA via China (Tibet). Originally planned to go China/Lao, but if Vietnam is possible.....that would be my preference. Any advice?
Cheers all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lone Rider Red Tape - Border Crossing Requirements 0
Back
Top Bottom