Register a motorbike in your name in Thailand

Capss

Bikes
Suzuki RF400R, BMW R1100S, BMW 1200GSA, BMW 800GS, Gas Gas 450F, Honda CRF250X Yamaha XT600E, Honda CB500x
Is there specific paperwork or a specific visa I will need to register a motorbike in my name?
I will be getting an in country 90 day Non O to enable me to get my 1 year extension based on marriage when I get home. Will I need to wait until all this is sorted or can I just go ahead and get my bike?
Thanks

Wayne

The only document you need to register a bike in your name in Thailand is a certificate of recidency….

The only document you need to register a bike in your name in Thailand is a certificate of recidency….
Thanks Kurt, is that easy enough to do? How did you do your CRF?

I’m a bit bewildered that yours in the only reply I have had considering this is an forum based in Thailand and expats have bikes

As above; you can get a vehicle (car or motorcycle) registered in your name with any visa or entry stamp + a certificate of residency OR work permit. There is no absolute need to wait until you get your extension of stay. Perhaps it might be an idea to have that 90 day non-O in place before applying, just so you have enough time but strictly speaking, it's not necessary and even a 30 day stamp will do.

@blackwolf thank you

Can I get the certificate of residency from the local amphore where I got my yellow book and ID card from?

If you have a yellow book, you do not need a certificate of residency, just a copy of the book.

Thanks Kurt, is that easy enough to do? How did you do your CRF?

I’m a bit bewildered that yours in the only reply I have had considering this is an forum based in Thailand and expats have bikes
The Crf is registrated in my gfs name. So legally its hers….😊

Back
Top Bottom