Rebuilding a Beta techno shock

jon

I had the shock rebuilt and recharged with oil a month ago but unfortunately it dropped all its oil despite not actually being ridden. Normally I would have taken it back to the local mechanic but he has gone to Issan due to an illness in the family and I don't want to hassle him at this moment. I suppose I should take it to someone else as I have no idea when the local guy will be back. I heard that there is a guy associated with Bank ( Near the Gymnkana ) who can recharge shocks. The bike has been going really well, but at my age it is only for fun and exercise, so I don't need an Ohlins replacement, but I would welcome any ideas or pointers.

try Lan at C&P motors, nr Thapae Gate.
He might have the parts etc to do it, depending what model of shock it is
He doesnt have nitrogen to recharge it, but you can most likely get that done at a garage

Joe at Joe's bike team in Chiang Mai knows of a place that can rebuild shocks and seems happy with their work.

jon said:
I had the shock rebuilt and recharged with oil a month ago but unfortunately it dropped all its oil despite not actually being ridden. Normally I would have taken it back to the local mechanic but he has gone to Issan due to an illness in the family and I don't want to hassle him at this moment. I suppose I should take it to someone else as I have no idea when the local guy will be back. I heard that there is a guy associated with Bank ( Near the Gymnkana ) who can recharge shocks. The bike has been going really well, but at my age it is only for fun and exercise, so I don't need an Ohlins replacement, but I would welcome any ideas or pointers.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will take the shock out and take it to one of them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MastaMax Bike Talk 2
LivinLOS Bike Talk 4
Back
Top Bottom