re Harley Davidson 750

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
Harley-Davidson Street 750 First Look Review | MotorBeam ? Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

x12065077033_6663b56ce6.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ZlXjtSLVAS.jpg

"We also know the Street 750 will be priced under Rs. 5 lakhs (on-road) and the Street 500 will be launched in 2015."

(MotorBeam)

I think that equates to about 264,000 baht.
Then add …………… !!

264.000 baht on the road in India, that will be > 500K baht in Thailand, looking at 60% import duties.

Is it just me that thinks this is a really ugly bike?

^ No. But it'll still sell well. Fashion & Marketing.

No its not just you brake 034.They definitely missed the mark there in my opinion.now if it only looked like the old xr 750

What a relief, I thought I needed new glasses.......

Sorry two wheels, the perspective may have changed but I still think it's butt ugly.

The 2014 HD Street 750 produces 52 hp @ 7900 rpm (according to above link, elsewhere even less) and 53.36 Nm of torque @ 6400 rpm - on paper that looks more like a street bike than a cruiser.
Relatively little torque at higher revs; Honda's Shadow 750 Black Spirit has 44.92 HP @ 5500 rpm and 65.00 Nm @ 3500 rpm , even the street-looking NC700S has 46.94 hp @ 6250 rpm and 60.00 Nm @ 4750 rpm.
Compared to the that the 2012 HD XLH 883 has 53hp @ 6,000 rpm and 75 Nm @ 4,500 rpm.
Plus 52 hp at 7900 rpm - that should make for a lively cruiser... if that's what it is... or is it a street bike posing as a cruiser?

And no "potato-potato" sound!!!

Last edited:
I've been warned about the credibility of this source, but here's a price for the Harley Street Custom landed in Thailand. (CKD)
Maybe!

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/2014-Harley-Davidson-Street-750-Launch

(Note the question and response below the news item)

Quote:

"The best part about the Harley-Davidson Street 750 is it's price - which is about 216,000 THB (without import duty and tax)..."

What's the use of posting a price without import duty and tax? The first number mentioned will always be remembered.

or is it a street bike posing as a cruiser?

Maybe they name the bike 'Street' for a reason.

which is about 216,000 THB (without import duty and tax)..."

What they tried to say is that the bike would not have import and duty added to the 216,000 baht quoted price.

"
" … which is about 216,000 THB (without import duty and tax) … " (from article The Harley-Davidson Street 750 Officially Launched)

So we need to add about 63% to that 216,000 baht to get the true Thai price?

By: news (offline) on Sunday, 02 March 2014 @ 12:39 PM ICT
news
If you're importing a Harley-Davidson Street 750 from India as a private person you probably end up with 63 percent on duty and tax (maybe even more).

Thailand and India have a free-trade-agreement, and while motor vehicles are on the exception list and do not quality for zero reduction, a motorcycle as CKD (complete knock down), shipped as parts to a licensed automotive assemble plant in Thailand could create a much lower price per unit.

The thing is that we will only know what the real price for the Harley-Davidson Street 750 is when it will be officially launched in Thailand. "

(Motorcycle Thailand)

Nonsense, the import duty for motorcycles from India for both CKD or CBU is 60%, check the relevant database of Thai Customs, it's all public information if you take the effort to find it!

Tariff code 8711 is for motorcycles, official text is “Motorcycles (including mopeds) and cycles fitted with an auxiliary motor, with or without sidecars; sidecars”

So if we go for motorcycles with a cylinder capacity >250cc and <500cc the codes are:
8711.30.30 for CKD, 60%
8711.30.90 for CBU, 60%

Motorcycles >500cc and <800cc
8711.40.20 for CKD, 60%
8711.40.90 for CBU, 60%

And here is the database for those people interested: Integrated Tariff Database.

So this seems to be good advice?

I've been warned about the credibility of this source,

So we're looking at about 345,000 baht for the Street 750.

No, you are guessing and have no idea what the Harley importer in Thailand wants for a profit.
We see sky high prices for all Harley models in Thailand, it would really not make sense to sell below the price of a Kawa Vulcan.

Better stop guessing and just wait to see what happens when Harley brings out this model in Thailand, if they do at all?!

How much does Yamaha want for the Bolt?

I wouldn't pay one baht more for the Harley Street - what an unimaginative name, as if HD ever built anything else...

Back
Top Bottom