PTT re introducing 95 benzine

monsterman

2 Pattaya PTT outlets on Sukumvit road now selling 95 benzine alongside 95 gasohol and they are reintroducing it around the country , thats good news .

Today, in Pattaya and needing gasoline, I found that PTT, Petronas and Texaco had now discontinued 91-benzine
and now sold only gasohol. All three had evidently changed their signage just before closing last night, as I had filled
my other bike with 91-benzine the previous day!
I found that ESSO also had also stopped selling 91-benzine in favor of 91-gasahol...BUT they now offered 95-benzine.
Recently, I'd been paying 44-Bt for 91-benzine and what was pleasantly surprising is that the 95-benzine at ESSO was only 38-Bt!!

Nice arbitrage

Today, in Pattaya and needing gasoline, I found that PTT, Petronas and Texaco had now discontinued 91-benzine
and now sold only gasohol. All three had evidently changed their signage just before closing last night, as I had filled
I found that ESSO also had also stopped selling 91-benzine in favor of 91-gasahol...BUT they now offered 95-benzine.
Recently, I'd been paying 44-Bt for 91-benzine and what was pleasantly surprising is that the 95-benzine at ESSO was only 38-Bt!!

If it was only 38 Baht a litre my guess is it was gasohol 95 as benzine 95 is nearly 50 Baht per litre

Yep...I'm now embarrassed and was confused at the time of purchase. :o
Below is a pix of the sign at the Esso station; there were no red colored signs on any of the pumps
as occurred for 91-octane.
I asked the attendant if the sign for 95 was benzine, he said yes! Obviously I don't read Thai...and Thai's always save face!

So, will a the gasohol I purchased have a negative effect on my old '98 Suzuki dirt bike?

Attachments

• IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 441
The sign says gasohol or in thai แก๊สโซฮอล

Not sure what it does to your Suzuki but I hope that the more technically inclined people will provide an answer to that question. As a precaution you could top up the tank with normal 95 and keep it topped up in oder to dilute the gasohol.

This is from the Bangkok Post of 9 January:

Energy giant PTT Plc has confirmed its plan to phase out regular petrol by the middle of this month, projecting its ethanol-based petrol sales will rise substantially this year through retail network expansion.
Senior executive vice-president Sarun Rungkasiri said PTT will convert pumps at service stations from octane-91 petrol to other types of petrol including E20, E85, gasohol 91 and premium octane-95 petrol.
PTT operates 1,300 service stations. About 1,000 have a total of 35 million litres of regular petrol but should sell out within this month, he said.

Does anyone know if benzine 95 is available in PTT stations in Chiang Mai yet?

I went to two different stations this morning and neither had it - they said it's not in Chiang Mai yet?

Saw yesterday that the PTT on the HangDong road had run out of benzine 91. Did not check if they had benzine 95.

I haven` seen 95 benzine in CM as yet.
Was out Lamphun way and saw some advertising 91 benzine though @ 46 baht/L.

This shortage sucks!

The PT station near Makro on Hang Dong road had 95 benzine today at around 48 baht/L.

The independent type station (has a big LPG sign out the front) more towards Hang Dong and the Rimping market and on the same side of the road had it too.

The situation seems to change every day...can`t wait until it settles down and i know where i can go to get what.

Thanks Lew. I went down there today and bought benzine 95 - 47.75/litre.

Benzine 95.jpg

91 Benzine is getting scarce here in Ubon so much that the usual place that use to have it no longer have stock. To my luck the other day after stopping at 4 stations in the search of 91 I scored some 95 benzine at TripleP for the sum of 51.16 Baht a litter. 1010 Baht later and the bike still was not full!

Back
Top Bottom