Programme for Motorcycle Mag Ch/ships on 24-25 December

barrygrussell

Bikes
Kawasaki Z800, Yamaha Mio
Following the postponement of the Motorcycle Mag Road Racing Championships at Bira International Circuit, the organiser, GPI, has confirmed that the final two rounds will take place over 24-25th December. The full schedule is shown below:

334982_10150505924904042_196187249041_10493267_1261753971_o_RS80.jpg

Thanks for the schedule Barry, hopefully Mr. Stokes will have sorted his electrical issues by then or bought another Blade.

I guess Mr Stokes will find out tomorrow. He'll just have to buy Franks Blade if he can't get it fixed in time, don't need any of the expensive aftermarket parts. Took my street blade to BIRA today with stock suspension (Settings from Dave Moss) and stock gearing and was still running 1:06.89s with Pirelli supercorca SC2. I thought my laptimer wasn't working right so i ran my laptimer along with Paul Adams manually timing me and he had a 1:06.79s best lap for me. Not bad since my best laptime on the full ohlins race blade is only 1:06.23s, If i'm not running 1:05 when Gary is finished with my suspension and the new Bazzaz TC is installed, i think i might race the street blade on the 24/25 instead.

Only problem i had with the street blade was that i would lose the brakes after about 5 hard laps but a new Brembo master cylinder would fix that. Brembo master cylinder and some Superbike slicks and i think 1:05 would be easily achievable on the street blade, even in road trim.

Colin

Sounds like it should be some exciting racing on the 24th & 25th of December at Bira Colin, will try and make it.

newf said:
I guess Mr Stokes will find out tomorrow. He'll just have to buy Franks Blade if he can't get it fixed in time, don't need any of the expensive aftermarket parts. Took my street blade to BIRA today with stock suspension (Settings from Dave Moss) and stock gearing and was still running 1:06.89s with Pirelli supercorca SC2. I thought my laptimer wasn't working right so i ran my laptimer along with Paul Adams manually timing me and he had a 1:06.79s best lap for me. Not bad since my best laptime on the full ohlins race blade is only 1:06.23s, If i'm not running 1:05 when Gary is finished with my suspension and the new Bazzaz TC is installed, i think i might race the street blade on the 24/25 instead.

Only problem i had with the street blade was that i would lose the brakes after about 5 hard laps but a new Brembo master cylinder would fix that. Brembo master cylinder and some Superbike slicks and i think 1:05 would be easily achievable on the street blade, even in road trim.

Colin

Thanks for the schedule Khun Barry, I reckon this is the best way they could have done it, although the SB3 riders starting at 17.35 finishing at 17.50 will be almost in pitch black on the saturday! :eek1

Yes as has been well documented by my friends here my 'blade is currently KO'd, lets hope the issue can be sorted asap so I can give an account of myself down in sunny BIRA.

P.s colin very suprising times? does this mean the ohlins kit and slick tyres will be sold off cheaply?? :DD

Stokes70 said:
Thanks for the schedule Khun Barry, I reckon this is the best way they could have done it, although the SB3 riders starting at 17.35 finishing at 17.50 will be almost in pitch black on the saturday! :eek1

Yes as has been well documented by my friends here my 'blade is currently KO'd, lets hope the issue can be sorted asap so I can give an account of myself down in sunny BIRA.

P.s colin very suprising times? does this mean the ohlins kit and slick tyres will be sold off cheaply?? :DD

I don't think i'll go that far Luke....Hopefully Gary will work his magic and i'll have an even better setup on the race blade. If Paul didn't time me aswell i think i would have discarded the laptimer as bad data but the bike just felt so much smoother... Have a few things i need to check on the race blade, front wheel alignment and gonna ballance both tires as the front rides a little rough.

Congrats to you both amazing how much you're shaving off your lap times each time you're there

Bira 25th dec 2011.jpg

Who's the guy going round in 1.03'? What bike?

Tingnote (#8) is doing the 1:03s, Stamp (#24) has been doing 1:03s in practice aswell. I actually was a little quicker on the first day, qualified with a 1:04.8 and had a top laptime of 1:04.9 in the race and finished 3rd overall and 1st in SB2

6 out the top 7 guys are on 08+CBR1000RR...Gary Johnson was riding a suzuki GSXR750

KTMphil said:
newf said:
6 out the top 7 guys are on 08+CBR1000RR...Gary Johnson was riding a suzuki GSXR750

Pretty interesting, do you think you'd be slower on your GSXR? If yes, why?

At first i didn't think i would be much faster on the CBR1000rr but when i let Gary Johnson take it for a ride he didn't have much good to say about my bike. Down on power, wheelies too much, suspension not working well. I've been working with him to get it setup and you can see from this weekends results that the changes we've made to the bike has made me a lot faster and the bike is 10 times easier to ride. I'm still having problems with my front suspension (no dampening) but i have an upgrade valve kit to install very soon that should help me shave off even more time by the next race.

Althought my old GSXR1000K5 was faster down the straight the CBR1000 has the edge around the corners, easier to change directions and that makes the laptimes quicker.

Of all the things i've did with the CBR1000RR that has alowed me to be quicker the biggest difference came from changing the back spring to suit my weight, which let me get on the gas so much quicker out of the corners because of increased traction and the bike doesn't wheelie everywhere anymore...the Bazzaz TC is a very close 2nd and the new Pirelli 200/60 SC2 SuperBike slicks are awesome around BIRA.

The evolution is very interesting to watch, thanks Colin.

newf said:
KTMphil said:
newf said:

Pretty interesting, do you think you'd be slower on your GSXR? If yes, why?

At first i didn't think i would be much faster on the CBR1000rr but when i let Gary Johnson take it for a ride he didn't have much good to say about my bike. Down on power, wheelies too much, suspension not working well. I've been working with him to get it setup and you can see from this weekends results that the changes we've made to the bike has made me a lot faster and the bike is 10 times easier to ride. I'm still having problems with my front suspension (no dampening) but i have an upgrade valve kit to install very soon that should help me shave off even more time by the next race.

Althought my old GSXR1000K5 was faster down the straight the CBR1000 has the edge around the corners, easier to change directions and that makes the laptimes quicker.

Of all the things i've did with the CBR1000RR that has alowed me to be quicker the biggest difference came from changing the back spring to suit my weight, which let me get on the gas so much quicker out of the corners because of increased traction and the bike doesn't wheelie everywhere anymore...the Bazzaz TC is a very close 2nd and the new Pirelli 200/60 SC2 SuperBike slicks are awesome around BIRA.

Back
Top Bottom