Pot Hole

Nightrider70

Bikes
DRZ400SM
pot1.jpg

pot2.jpg

pot3.jpg

OpenStreetMap

It is one of the short roads that goes to no-where and ends so it is not a major road. It looks like they planed to build something there but stopped after the roads were done and let it go to shit.

Imagine coming here at night when the road is wet.

These roads reminds me of the back roads in Nan.

Pot Hole Canadian Style.

Canadian Speed Control !

Speed control being used in Canada .
How's this for effective speed control ?

GetInline.aspx
image001111.jpg
I don't know about you, but this would certainly slow me down !
People slow down and actually try to "straddle" the hole.
GetInline.aspx
image002222.jpg
This is an actual speed control device that is currently in use.
It is MUCH cheaper than speed cameras, radar guns, police officers, etc.
GetInline.aspx
image003333.jpg
Pretty clever -- especially when they move them around every day.
Isn't Art Wonderful ?

Yes, that's it Nightrider70; which I received in an email and tried to copy/paste to here.
Thanks.

Yes, that's it Nightrider70; which I received in an email and tried to copy/paste to here.
Thanks.

For information, if you want to copy and paste from an email, the method for the images is that you need to save them from your email (right click & save) and then after you have pasted your text, upload the images as attachments in the usual manner.

Just like I did when editing the earlier post ;)

Ally

The original article

According to this email forward, fake potholes are being placed on roadways in order to slow down drivers in an innovative attempt to combat the problem of speeding. The first two photographs show what appear to be quite large and deep potholes in the lanes of a busy motorway. However, the last photograph shows that the "potholes" are in fact strategically positioned stickers that have been placed on the roadway. Although they only consist of flat images of potholes, the stickers would look three dimensional and quite realistic to approaching drivers.

However, the stickers are not used as speed limiting devices as claimed in the message. The text painted on the roadway a few meters ahead of each pothole sticker show their real purpose. In reality, they were used as part of an advertisement for Pioneer Suspension, a vehicle suspension supplier. The ad was intended to suggest to drivers that, with Pioneer Suspension fitted to their vehicles, they would enjoy a smooth ride even on rough roads. Information about the ad published on the Ads of The World website notes:
POTHOLE STICLER - A large sticker of a pothole was laid on the road creating the illusion of a real pothole. Drivers would see it and slow down to avoid the jerk to their car but would feel nothing. The message "FEELS LIKE PIONEER SUSPENSION" was painted a few meters ahead.
According to Ads of the World, the ad was created by Advertising Agency, Y&R Everest, Mumbai, India in 2007. It is unclear under what conditions or circumstances the advertising tactic was carried out. As many commentators have noted, unless the tactic was used in very controlled conditions, such fake potholes could actually be quite dangerous. Approaching drivers could swerve suddenly to avoid the "pothole" and serious accidents could result.

A similar tactic was used in an ad for Ford Ranger in 2006. Ads of the World notes:
The projects purpose was to allow drivers to experience the Ford pickup's attribute of softness on hostile surfaces. In order to achieve this, several floor graphics were imprinted with cracks, snow and/or mud in various city streets. Next to them, a road signal that read "This is how it feels, Ford Ranger" was placed. Drivers drove through a difficult road without feeling it; situation that led them to experience the unique softness of riding in a Ford pickup. The floor graphics were placed in lateral streets and parking areas with speed limits that didn't exceed 10 kilometers per hour, with the objective of looking out for the driver's safety.
Such tactics might be quite effective as advertising mechanisms. However, given their potential to cause accidents, it seems doubtful that any jurisdiction would use such potholes stickers as speed limiting devices on busy roadways.

In the link "notes" (the second one) you see more similar stuff.

Ford Ranger: Rough road | Ads of the World

Screen Shot 2012-08-31 at 13.44.49.jpg

And even more interestingly was a variety of other automotive related links. Here is one...

Ally

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KTMphil Humorous Photos 108
Back
Top Bottom