Post your Asian bridge & water crossing photo's here

cuxwn5jp41dhgy3n3.jpg

cuxwnryqvi6iv7kkv.jpg

cuxwo6kdso5668xrj.jpg

cuxwp2ynxcfba2u3z.jpg

Hongsa - LPB.

Kompong Cham - Koh Paen Island Mekong Cambodia

This crossing is about 1K long, 4000R for round trip. The longest bamboo bridge I have rode.IMG_0648.jpg

Robert Heikel stopping by on his MT 200, 2 - stroke, that he's ridden all the way up from Pattaya. He's off to Laos, with his determination, this might be the first foreigners motorcycle that you see on the Long Chen (Tieng), Lima 20A (LS 20A) / Lima 98 (LS 98) runway.

10345531_801351116603497_9056551215104068830_n.jpg

Robert Heikel stopping by on his MT 200, 2 - stroke, that he's ridden all the way up from Pattaya. He's off to Laos, with his determination, this might be the first foreigners motorcycle that you see on the Long Chen (Tieng), Lima 20A (LS 20A) / Lima 98 (LS 98) runway.

10345531_801351116603497_9056551215104068830_n.jpg

Lima 98 ?????????????????????????????????

Found this river crossing in Kanchanaburi yesterday, linking an old track and a new one ridden for the first time.

image.jpg

I was also testing out my new Nexx XD1 helmet, which I was very impressed with.

Very artistic complete with reflection too :giving:

With an impending trip to laos coming up, here are some of the more scenic crossings from the same time last year.

This one i thought i would never cross north of Ban Long

Untitled by bsacbob, on Flickr

Between Vieng Phukha and Nale

East of Nale

South of Khoua

Khoua suspension bridge

Between Luang Prabang and Phonsavan

This used to have a nice bamboo toll bridge, now sadly gone.

The infamous fat lady crossing north of Phonsavan

More on the same trail, used to be twenty or more on this trail now only a handful

Bangfai ford

Ferry east of Chomcheng

West of Paklay

That's all folks hopefully lot's more to come this April.

Stick bridge crossing on the Ho Chi Minh Trail, south Laos, north of Xepon

[video]https://youtu.be/q8Ilv1JzKSY[/video]

Last edited:
Guessing the very nice looking bridge to your right must have been a toll bridge :D

Guessing the very nice looking bridge to your right must have been a toll bridge :D

It was, and I paid 10,000Kip to cross it and take some photos of me doing so, and then I crossed the river several times to do the same. Not sure what the locals thought though! :confused:

Simon Pavey, Dakar racer and BMW dual sport trainer explains river crossing pretty well here:

Full article:

http://www.brake-magazine.com/how-to-cross-rivers/

The most difficult aspect of this is getting the balance correct so you can get on the footpegs. "Pulling away starts by getting your bum off the seat prior to setting off. Your balance should be controlled by the leg on the floor. Position yourself in a stood up position, with one foot on the ground and the other on the footpeg. In this position you can determine the amount of pressure needed on the handlebar and the footpeg to maintain your balance as you pull away. With the bike already in gear, push off with the foot on the ground and immediately pull away, making sure you stand tall on the bike immediately. Look to get your balance as quickly as possible and place your foot back on the footpeg. Sometimes you may require multiple dabs and that it more than okay." You may need a little extra throttle to pull away but you don't want to get too excited as wild riding and rivers aren't good companions. If things do get a little out of control that's okay, as long as you stop and get it back together.

How-To-Cross-Rivers-How-To-Cross-Rivers-Brake-Magazine-0132.jpg

It's not a time for wheelies or using a lot of revs. Let the back wheel and the torque of the engine be the driving force. Cover the clutch in case things get out of shape but stay off it and let the back wheel drive through the water. Usually this will be with low revs and in first or second gear depending on your bike. You simply don't want or need speed. We can't stress that enough. As well as creating more crash risk you can also create a bow wave which may pushing water up into the air intake. Water doesn't burn well so keep it steady.

d7rw2mnh4y2bp5how.jpg

Last year these old bridge was damage. But when I came back this year in january the bridge rebuild. Complety new, sponsored by a Japanese guy with 100.000 Baht. Between Ban Sop Mae Tang and Elefant Camp Ruam Mit at the Mae Kok River. 20 km before Chiang Rai.

Last year these old bridge was damage. But when I came back this year in january the bridge rebuild. Complety new, sponsored by a Japanese guy with 100.000 Baht. Between Ban Sop Mae Tang and Elefant Camp Ruam Mit at the Mae Kok River. 20 km before Chiang Rai.

Armin, is it this bridge you're referring to?

armin kok bridge by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Old suspension bridge over the Mae Chaem river in the track which links Rd. 1088 with Rd. 1270 (picture by Captain Slash)

attachment.php

I wonder if that single track suspension bridge will still be there once the double track concrete bridge is finished

I wonder if that single track suspension bridge will still be there once the double track concrete bridge is finished

Yes, I agree with you as it looks like that they do no longer maintain the old bridge but just keep it usable till the new bridge is ready.

I don't know the name of the waterway... It's part of the Ayeyarwaddy Delta system. Looking at this bridge, I wasn't sure how it worked. It was floating, and there was a big gap in the middle to allow boats to pass...

14955775_10209211113853730_8866409016404558276_n.jpg

Not sure what to do next, I just drove out onto the first half, and a boy came running down from the other side of the river and began pushing a middle section from the far side to my side.

14956369_10209211114373743_1027852525106716434_n.jpg

Aha... now I understood.

14925296_10209211114533747_5500820200118510492_n.jpg

Docking in 4....3...2....

14993441_10209211116013784_8350091886429826617_n.jpg

Re: Kompong Cham - Koh Paen Island Mekong Cambodia

[h=2]Koh Paen Island Mekong Cambodia :ride:[/h]

Thx

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom