Possibly The Longest Repair Ever

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
My trusted mechanic Kog, in Chiang Rai, is not known for his rapid response in turning around repairs, like many Thai mechanics working alone he gets bogged down with old ladies needing a squirt of air and the constant call for a puncture repair etc. When I cooked the engine on my CRM I didn't expect to see it later that week so I waited patiently for 3 1/2 years in fact.

Out of the blue i got a call "Bob your bike is ready" what bike i asked as i had completely forgotten about it, a little chuckle he then reminded me of the CRM. Now operating a closed door policy so he can't be disturbed, my bike was rescued from the dark corners of his workshop and brought back to life.

Pleased as punch to have her back in the stable, and the bill well storage for 3 1/2 years would have been a lot more.

20190904_093801.jpg

20190904_100551.jpg

20190904_100613.jpg

20190904_160926.jpg

I did see it a few times when visiting to get updated on big yellow, good to see it's back out and on the road again, enjoy it!

Think thats his little joke, or maybe he can't spell Bob

You guys should know that the pronunciation of "B" & "P" in Thai is very close?
:D 555. Besides, Pop is not that far away from Papaa. But Pounce has a point.

I was at Kongs (kog's) a few weeks ago to have my Fork Oil changed. I had to crawl under the shutters to get his attention . He spent the whole day stripping them down and rebuilding them when I guess someone else could just change the Oil in a few hours. We are lucky to have him. His plan was to close to passing trade for approx 4 weeks to allow himself to work on the I guess 15 or so bikes he had in to repair for farangs. Hopefully he has managed to clear quite a few of them out. He was running out of work space. I don't think he's got any of my bikes in there :unsure:

I beleive his name is Kong or similar . Farangs call him Kog . Go figure :D

Back
Top Bottom