Ponsavan 1D ?

lakota

Bikes
KLX250S, CB500X,DREAM 125
I'm looking at the OSM Map for potential routes. Heading from Ponsavan south my initial route planner is saying to take highway 7 South, However I can see road 1D which appears to be more interesting and comes out at Lak Ha on Highway 8 but also appear to have a dirt section. Has anyone ridden this road recently ?

Paved all the way, although the road was broken very badly by logging trucks last time i passed north of the 1-D route 8 junction if you continue to N17.99063° E105.04634° you will see some fantastic Buddha carvings in the roadside rockwork.

2014 ride

I did ride it again 2 or 3 years later and it had changed dramatically.

Paved all the way, although the road was broken very badly by logging trucks last time i passed north of the 1-D route 8 junction if you continue to N17.99063° E105.04634° you will see some fantastic Buddha carvings in the roadside rockwork.

2014 ride

I did ride it again 2 or 3 years later and it had changed dramatically.

Thanks for that. It's tempting to just stick to the main Highway being ' Full on ' Rain Season but where's the fun in that :unsure:

The Buddha carvings on the 1e by the lake !? ... Does it go thru somehow or double back. ?

If you continue south to Gnommarat, you can head west to Thakhet, this is a well travelled loop by backpackers on hire scooters. The Buddha's are along the Nakla Reservoir which is a nice ride.

OK, Sounds like a Plan. (for my return Journey) and pick up the 1c maybe from Ponsavan to Odomxai . Thanks Again

Back
Top Bottom