Pick up carriage for motorcycles

johnnysneds

Bikes
Multistrada 1200S Touring, WR450F, KTM200EXC, Gas Gas 280, PCX
Sefton, you were mentioning today about some carriage system similar to what Phil has for his pick up.
Can you post the link please?

Cheers
Johnny

Why do you want to carry your pick-up on your motorcycle? Seems an odd choice... :hmm

They work for sure

Racks_028__95418_zoom.jpg

LivinLOS said:
http://www.tilt-a-rack.com/products/Tilt%252dA%252dRack-400-Lbs.-Motorcycle%7B47%7DMoped-Aluminum-Carrier.html

Check the 4th image, its a animated GIF showing what I was trying to explain.. Looks really simple, light, and ideal.

They are checking shipping options for me.

Awesome idea, I want it. How about a combined shipping effort for two.
Lets chat about it over a Guinness this afternoon.

KTMphil said:
They work for sure

What I like about this design is the simplicity of the tilt system.. seems a doddle.. Basically as easy as slipping it on a ramp and job done.

Guinness at 2 ish Mr Sneds ?? O Mallys ??

LivinLOS said:
KTMphil said:
They work for sure

What I like about this design is the simplicity of the tilt system.. seems a doddle.. Basically as easy as slipping it on a ramp and job done.

Guinness at 2 ish Mr Sneds ?? O Mallys ??

2 it is..

Looking at those pictures on the links LivinLOS provided, anything bigger than a small scooter will block out all your rear end lights. Just something to think about....

Tom said:
Looking at those pictures on the links LivinLOS provided, anything bigger than a small scooter will block out all your rear end lights. Just something to think about....

True.. You could fab a light rack easy enough..

I dont have a light plug on my car despite having lights on the trailer.. I doubt Thais understand a left turn hand signal either.

LivinLOS said:
I doubt Thais understand a left turn hand signal either.
No argument there, but obscuring your brake-lights might make the difference between getting rear-ended or not (which would be a double-whammy if you had an expensive bike sitting there). Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of this rack, but I would definitely put some lights on the back side of it. BTW, they have a 600-pound version that's only about $30 more, wouldn't that be a better buy? I know a dirt-bike won't weight anywhere near that, but it would give you the option to haul something bigger, for very little extra money.

Couple of clip on brake lights spliced in series with the vehicles circuit is simple enough.

I hear that mount with the single fixing mount over the tow bar hitch, these carriers wobble from side-to-side, that's why i went off the chassis each side with mine. But for 5km trips to the mountain should be ideal.

Racks_028__95418_zoom.jpg

LivinLOS did you get a shipping quote from them? If they are not willing I might contact Shipito for a quote

johnnysneds said:
LivinLOS did you get a shipping quote from them? If they are not willing I might contact Shipito for a quote

get Justin to bring them back, he'll be back in 3 weeks

KTMphil said:
johnnysneds said:

get Justin to bring them back, he'll be back in 3 weeks

I wouldn't put it past him to try it in his hand luggage!

http://www.tilt-a-rack.com/amc-400-alum ... e-carrier/

The more basic version also says "and also a anti-tilt locking device to prevent sway of the carrier when it is loaded"

Not got a response yet but it is easter weekend..

Also raised the idea if a order of a few maybe they could make something that packed easier even if it needed some refabbing this end.. Lets see what they say next week.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KTMphil General Discussion 0
Russ McDermid General Discussion 5
Back
Top Bottom