Photos of you with the soldiers

The Bigfella

Staff member
Bikes
KTM 613 EXC, BMW R90S & Dakar, MZ250, Norton 16H, Honda - 500 Fs & Xs, DRZs, XLs XRs CRFs CT110s etc
Got any photos of you with the soldiers... preferably in friendly mode... but hey... bring 'em out

This one was somewhere on the west coast of Malaysia... riding back to KL from Malacca. An Aussie liaison officer with the local lads

... and its not every day you come across Abrams M1 tanks on transporters.

Big buggers, those M1s. Chased him down

I had a bit of a "run-in" with this Ranger. Had clearance from the commander on other side to cross the river (Myanmar)... but this guy said no. Here he is telling the locals to call him if we (I was with a lovely Polish photojournalist) got on a boat.

Another Thai one...

and another... down South

Shhh

OK... no soldiers.... but they'd been here... Vietnam

Left-overs from the US in Vietnam. Da Nang

Raising the flag. 6am at Uncle Ho's

I snuck this shot, whilst talking to some navy cadet officer trainees, Na Trang, Vietnam

Left over Russian gear, in Cambodia

Maybe I should have said "soldiers and weapons"

Here's another one... Penang, Malaysia

I sure didn't expect to run into Aussie and Kiwi soldiers up on the highest mountain on Timor... but there they were, in a chartered chopper that just flew in and landed in the school yard... with kids all around.

I sat in on a meeting that the young Lieutenant ran... I'd give her a job any day. Very professional

East Timor... pre border guards

A pretend soldier in East Timor. He pinched my mate's sunglasses.

With Aussie soldiers in East Timor.

OK... so it did have soldiers... 70 years earlier

Here's a couple in Laos. I was heading East - on one of the major roads headed towards Vietnam. Got flagged down by one of the plainclothes guys

They spent 30 minutes working their way through my passport. Made half a page of notes on where I'd been.

Come on slackers.... don't you stop and talk to the soldiers?

Here's a couple from Java. Mount Bromo.

I was riding in the sea of sand and came across two soldiers with this bike buried up to its axles, or beyond.

They couldn't budge it. I added some grunt.. damn near broke a leg as it came free, as I was stuck fast in the mud... which was over the top of my boots

The soldiers wanted to swap bikes

w2.jpg Does that count? Teaching border patrol Engrish.

Along #1178, past Lin Luang checkpoint to Khiu Pa Wok at Thai/Burma border a few years ago.

This guy was bored to tears and really enjoyed the novelty of a 'Farang' visitor and a bit of a chat.

f0c45265.jpg

Back
Top Bottom