Phongsaly Boattrip from Hatsa to Muang Khoua 5 hoers in the video only 5 minutes.

Phongsaly Boattrip from Hatsa to Muang Khoua 5 hoers in the video only 5 minutes. The trip was 2006 or 7 I forgot. Absolutly crazy how the Lao guys drive the trip.

Great video - unfortunately this trip from Hatsa to Mueang Khoua can no longer be done as the Nam Ou has been blocked by the Nam Ou 5 hydro power dam just north of Samphanh. It is still possible to take the boat from Hatsa up to the hydropower station and from there ride on a dirt road on the east side of the Nam Ou to Mueang Khoua.

Thats right... but not so nice or exciting anymore. The time is gone. I m so happy and my wife also that we got the chance so many years ago to do so many trips in this area. Now ...... is boring.

Thats right... but not so nice or exciting anymore. The time is gone. I m so happy and my wife also that we got the chance so many years ago to do so many trips in this area. Now ...... is boring.

In a way I agree with you although there are still quite a few areas waiting to be explored - take Phongsali for instance where you still can get away from it all or the Ho Chin Minh trail area along the border between Laos and Vietnam or Huaphan province which remains largely unexplored by bikers. But Yes, don't wait to long as concrete and asphalt is coming also to these areas.

I m back in end of january and I plane a trip in this aera again with a Akha friend from Chiang Mai. When I take him with me to Phonngsaly he dont believe me that this Akha people there speak the same language with himself. Sooooo we have so much fun there. I never forget in this poor area. We stop in 1 village and he ask for the way. The crazy fun began. One Akha village woman shouting in the village hey hey every body must come here ...here is a big fat Akha man ( he is not so fat only a little bit pumpui nit noi) The villagers come and he was the king for them .....but only 5 minutes we have to moove further.... ( sorry my english but I drink a bottle of red wine tonight) :giving: Someone interest to go with us ????? 8 days ????

dfk6nidw09luprdvk.jpg

Lou Chou on the right side.

dfk6w6g090ot7u874.jpg

Back
Top Bottom