ON 'THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS ROAD'

I've been watching/researching this section of Bolivian roads since 1997, have yet to see/read/hear about one motorbike accident or death (nearly all hug the inside wall, slowly). SE Asia has far more "dangerous" roads for motorbikes according to world #'s for 2017.

This road (Bolivia) for motorbikes deaths = -0- in the last year....but it is intimidating, the drop-off on the right side (if going down). In SE Asia, a U turn by someone around Pattaya, or a "ghostrider,", coming at you, after dark, with no headlight, in the motorbike lane....is a far more risky adventure. Good hype for pseudo adventure motocycle/motorbike/mocy/moto-tourists and their bucket lists to travel to Bolivia, but a far higher risk factor for danger 1/2 around the world. And then there is Death Curve in Peru....

Thanks for reminding us to be aware out there, on the roads, around the globe

Survivor: www.greataroundtheworldmotorcycleadventurerally.com

I was thinking that the road was quite narrow and would be trouble for a car.........then I see a bus at a turn out. That must be one scary ride on a bus you have no control over.

Yeah, I'd certainly rather be on a motorbike than in a bus (in either direction!) :ride:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2wheels General Discussion 0
Back
Top Bottom