ON 'THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS ROAD'

DrGMIA

Pit stop after 6th ride around the world, in USA,
Bikes
Oldest 1931, newest 2016, numerous makes and models in between on several continents
I've been watching/researching this section of Bolivian roads since 1997, have yet to see/read/hear about one motorbike accident or death (nearly all hug the inside wall, slowly). SE Asia has far more "dangerous" roads for motorbikes according to world #'s for 2017.

This road (Bolivia) for motorbikes deaths = -0- in the last year....but it is intimidating, the drop-off on the right side (if going down). In SE Asia, a U turn by someone around Pattaya, or a "ghostrider,", coming at you, after dark, with no headlight, in the motorbike lane....is a far more risky adventure. Good hype for pseudo adventure motocycle/motorbike/mocy/moto-tourists and their bucket lists to travel to Bolivia, but a far higher risk factor for danger 1/2 around the world. And then there is Death Curve in Peru....

Thanks for reminding us to be aware out there, on the roads, around the globe

Survivor: www.greataroundtheworldmotorcycleadventurerally.com

rdrokit

Bikes
Stallions Scrambler 400, Honda AirBlade
I was thinking that the road was quite narrow and would be trouble for a car.........then I see a bus at a turn out. That must be one scary ride on a bus you have no control over.

2wheels

Bikes
Honda Rebel 500
Yeah, I'd certainly rather be on a motorbike than in a bus (in either direction!) :ride:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2wheels General Discussion 0
Top Bottom