On / off road options in CM? Two Danes on the lookout!

El Dudeness

Bikes
KTM 1190 ADV R, KTM 250 EXC-F
Right! So my girlfriend and I are virtually imploding as we're really excited to escape from the crappy Danish winter weather and get down to Thailand here the 15th of January.

We're both bike freaks riding on anything from 250 enduro bikes over 600 RR bikes to 1200 adventure bikes.

We're arriving in CM on the 21st and leaving again on the 25th (yeah I know...not enough time...) and we looking forward to do a bit of riding during our stay.

As far as I can tell by the threads in here there are basically 4 different operators to chose from if you're looking for something ok'ish for the road:

Mr. Mechanic
Tony's Big Bike
C & P Service
POP Rentals

Am I missing something?

Do any of these operators offer "guides" for day trips or do you guys (KTMPhil!!) know anybody that could be willing to show us the area for a day on the bikes?

Same goes for the off road scene. I've been doing some poking around but nobody seems to do day trips on enduro bikes.....??

endurotours.com came close but they've got longer (3-5 days) tours in that time slot and cannot help.

We're both in our late 30's and very capable on and off the tarmac.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!!

CHEERS!

Hi

All no Problem .
Phil can hock you up with the local off road cracks . here are so many you will find nearly every day someone willing to show you the nice tracks from
easy to the hard core stuff .
I'm just here from Phuket for a few weeks on my own CRF and meet a few guys and Steve a good off road rider guide me and some otheres
last week for 2 Days over the Tracks around Chiang Dao 60 km north of CM, see my ride report " Ready to Go "

CP rent you CRF's and as far as i know he put on some old plastics if you ask for and then its not even a problem if you add some new
scratches .

For Dayrides you don't need a tour operator , thats waste of money , here you find enough locals happy to team up and have a riding buddy .

Hi

All no Problem .
Phil can hock you up with the local off road cracks . here are so many you will find nearly every day someone willing to show you the nice tracks from
easy to the hard core stuff .
I'm just here from Phuket for a few weeks on my own CRF and meet a few guys and Steve a good off road rider guide me and some otheres
last week for 2 Days over the Tracks around Chiang Dao 60 km north of CM, see my ride report " Ready to Go "

CP rent you CRF's and as far as i know he put on some old plastics if you ask for and then its not even a problem if you add some new
scratches .

For Dayrides you don't need a tour operator , thats waste of money , here you find enough locals happy to team up and have a riding buddy .

+1 for C&P services, they were great with me the other year, and he did put on old plastics when I asked him to

Wayne

Hi

All no Problem .
Phil can hock you up with the local off road cracks .

Thanks Klaus! Maybe I'll send Phil a PM.

So how is the trick to finding these locals to team up with??

Just ask Phil or start a new thread with date and Time a few days earlyer and see who has Time and answer.

By the way - has anybody got an idea on how much bargaining you can do at C&P?

Fx. if the ride costs 1.500 baht/day - how much would I expect to haggle him down?

Back
Top Bottom