Oil level new Honda-CB series

I certainly won't be buying one after reading your unfortunate story CN.

I did consider the little 500's as an alternative as the feedback from people who have owned and rented them has been positive re performance and comfort.
A mate rented one last week and we did a 600k ride,should have thought to have a look at the oil level before and after.

I certainly won't be buying one after reading your unfortunate story CN.

I did consider the little 500's as an alternative as the feedback from people who have owned and rented them has been positive re performance and comfort.
A mate rented one last week and we did a 600k ride,should have thought to have a look at the oil level before and after.

Well I bought a used one with only 1,300km on it and rode about 5,500km since then - no oil loss at all, so I guess it's safe to assume that most 500s don't lose oil.

Then again there are threads on CBR500riders.com about oil loss, I haven't read them all, though.

- - - Updated - - -

CB500 series is still having issues with valve gear , and oil loss according to many pattaya and UK owners ,and mechanics , another problem many owners are not happy about is short valve service intervals and wear ? apparently CB500 series is not the only latest Honda with these issues CB1100 retro and new VFR models have ridiculously short valve shim service life and intervals ,

I was coming round to the CB500X as a sensible buy, but I won't be now. Is this a common problem?

EDIT: Having just read all the thread, I'd almost convinced myself this was a rare problem, but monsterman's comment suggests the problem is more widespread.

Nick there are a lot of happy owners ,as honda have sold loads but talking to people in the trade in UK the early 2 years models have issues but late 2015 or 2016 seem better ,,,it is a popular model ,,,

As I minor update to this .... I do not own the CB500F anymore but about 5 months ago I did receive a letter from AP Honda that there is a recall for some models of the CB models. That includes the bike I had. The letter was send in my name (foreigner) but written in Thai so I do not know what is technically the reason for the recall.

Today 14 July 2016 I receive 2 times a SMS that I should bring my CB500F to the nearest Honda Big Wing dealer. I tried to contact AP Honda but I can not contact anyone there.

So does anyone know what the recall is about?

I mean I bloody well lost about 50.000 THB on that joke of AP Honda.
Funny that Honda Big Wing Udon Thani (who did buy the bike back) did never changed ownership at the Honda customer registration.

I got those 2 sms's also, even though I've also sold my bike.. it read "This is a remind to bring your Honda CB/CBR500 for a service check.(Free replacement of "Magnetic starter" if needed) For more info. please contact 027254000 cheers Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I bought a used one with only 1,300km on it and rode about 5,500km since then - no oil loss at all, so I guess it's safe to assume that most 500s don't lose oil.

Then again there are threads on CBR500riders.com about oil loss, I haven't read them all, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: 13,000 km now, no loss of oil at all.

Back
Top Bottom