Ohlins Suspension

Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
I asked at Kawasaki how much a replacement shock absorber was for my KLX 150 compared to the unit on the KLX 140 which is the same size and reportedly a much better piece of equipment
KLX 150 OE 6,765 Baht
KLX 140 OE 10,515 Baht

I then found out that Ohlins now make one for the KLX 150 and its 9,450 Baht, cheaper than the 140s and probably better too

They also do the fork springs for a few models

http://www.ohlinsasia.com/

I'm confused by the designations - your KLX150 is the carbed street legal 144cc bike, right?

Is the KLX140 the carbed off-road version? And which one is the more expensive FI version with less cc (125?)?

Could the OE shock for the KLX 140 (10,515 Baht) be an Oehlin's shock with a mark-up?

Can't imagine Kawa selling a more expensive shock than Oehlin (9,450 Baht).

I'm confused by the designations - your KLX150 is the carbed street legal 144cc bike, right?

Is the KLX140 the carbed off-road version? And which one is the more expensive FI version with less cc (125?)?

Could the OE shock for the KLX 140 (10,515 Baht) be an Oehlin's shock with a mark-up?

Can't imagine Kawa selling a more expensive shock than Oehlin (9,450 Baht).

Yes
Yes and yes
Wouldn't have thought so
It looks like they do but they probably wont sell many replacements once the word gets out that the Ohlins is cheaper

I contacted Ohlins to see if they are going to do the fork springs for the KLX 150, here was their reply

Dear Colin Scullion,

Thanks for your interest in the Öhlins KLX 150 product. We welcome customers that appreciate performance and quality.
Now we haven’t suitable product for front end solution of KLX 150 and I'm afraid to say sorry we haven't plan nearly.

And I would like to recommended you use Öhlins high performance fluid number 01314-01(#10) or 01316-01(#20).
These fluid we have the latest technology to make their events as MotoGP or MXGP and all, It is designed to lower the friction and cut it with more than 30%! Quick air release in your front fork.

I already recorded your inquiry and set it at my calendar, on begin of next year if we have plan to do something with front end solution I will let you know.
We really hope you join the Öhlins family.

Back
Top Bottom