North Lao

akhzander

Bikes
R1200GS LC
Hi,

I have used the searching function but couldn't find any thing about the road condition from Vientiane to Luang Prabang to Luang Namtha and back to Thailand via Houay xay.

I am not so sure if here are really bikers with no interest in dirt trails and block tyres....

Last week I have done this trip with a R1200GS and I was surprised that the road construction between Pakmong and Oudomxay is completed and the road is fantastic for on-road bikes.
Touruebersicht.jpgVientiane nach Luang prabang.jpgLuang Prabang nach Luang Namtha.jpgLuang Namtha to Thai Border.jpg

So in case you have a bike with 100+ Horse power and you like country site roads try this 830 km.... it's sheer driving pleasure. Luang Prabang gets now a petrol station with super. Only for one filling a Octane booster is needed.
And use the 4c it's really a nice trip even if at 1700 m the road is destroyed by a mud slide for 50 meters

Greetings Andreas

footer.jpg

Andreas, a big thank you for the update - Yes, Rd 13 North from Oudomxay to Pakmong is ready as reported here at RideAsia: Update on Rd 13 North from Pakmong to Oudomxay

The thread on ROAD DEVELOPMENT AND ROAD CONSTRUCTION IN LAOS has quite a bit of information on the road conditions in Laos but I must admit that it is not always easy to keep up to date with what is going on in Laos with the road construction activities so any info on new roads, road conditions and road construction activities is always welcome

Thanks for the link. Saw this thread but with all the CRF300 photos on gravel I did not scroll through carefully enough. Nevertheless the surprise that there is no kilometre unpaved any more was very nice. They did also a lot of repair work on the whole 830 km ....a lot of pot holes are gone in comparison of Feb.2015.

Greetings Andreas

Back
Top Bottom