Nong Khai Restrictions Lifted

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
Received a message today that Nong Khai no longer making restrictions as to the group size crossing the border and charging tour fees.

Also hearing Huay Khon is open to motorcycles crossing into Laos, but have yet to have this confirmed.

Maybe the Laos authorities are reviewing the the number of travellers crossing the borders and having a rethink.

Is it still troubles free to cross over from NongKhai into Laos? Can I take a Thai registered bike 150cc into Laos?

Those (pre-Covid) trying to get sub-250 bikes in have been refused.... but the border is still closed anyhow.

Those (pre-Covid) trying to get sub-250 bikes in have been refused.... but the border is still closed anyhow.

Correct.

Border will likely remain closed until at least Dec 31 and quite probably well into the first quarter of 2021. That stated, even if it does open earlier than anticipated (or whenever it does open) there is a chance that at first, only Thai and Lao citizens will be allowed to cross. Expats living in these countries and 3rd country nationals in general will probably only come later. Anyway, that is speculation on my part, but right now all of us are increasingly being faced with the grim reality that the current situation will likely last for an indeterminate period into the future.

I really miss hopping over to Laos, and Myanmar, Vietnam and Cambodia for that matter. Even Malaysia.

The current times feel so weird. Never thought something like this would happen. Let's hope for the best. It would be awesome if this time next year we were all able to travel across the border and ride/drive around with the events of this year a distant memory...

Back
Top Bottom