No Chinese immigration visa needed for certain areas of China

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
If you fly to Hong Kong or Macau first, then spend the night or transit into mainland China, there are certain regions that do not require a Chinese immigration visa issuance in advance of your arrival.

From the Australian Chinese Consulate website:

http://au.china-embassy.org/eng/ls/vfc/t1038742.htm

Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Zhaoqing and Huizhou ("Pearl River Delta") up to 6 days

A foreign citizen holding an ordinary passport issued by any country with diplomatic relations with China is exempted from a visa if he or she is already in Hong Kong or Macao and joins a tourist group organized by a travel agency, which is registered in Hong Kong or Macao, for a visit to the Pearl River Delta region (including Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Zhaoqing and Huizhou) and his or her stay is no more than 6 days.

Hainan Island up to 15 days

A foreign citizen holding an ordinary passport issued by any of the following countries is exempted from a visa if he or she joins a tourist group (of 5 or more persons) organized by an international travel agency registered in Hainan with the approval of China National Tourism Administration to visit Hainan Province and his or her stay is no more than 15 days.

Nationalities permitted

Australia, Austria, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, the U.K., Ukraine and the United States of America.Citizens of Germany, Republic of Korea and Russia may join an international tourist group (of 2 or more persons) and can stay up to 21 days.

If I may chip in with Hainan I do believe from talking to expats who live in Hainan you can get a VOA ( visa on arrive) at the airport when you land in Hainan for 15 days , but you must fly from Hong Kong !! With the down side being flights are only I think 1-2 a day compared with mainland flights to the Island with 20 or so a day !! From what the expats have told me no special tour is needed and you just fly in and be issued with a VOA and this visa is valid for mainland China as well!.

link...,,, http://www.hainan.gov.cn/code/V3/en/Waiver%20of%20Visa%20and%20Visa%20Issuance%20upon%20Arrival.html

Sent from my iPhone

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
prince666 China Information 2
Back
Top Bottom