New Royal Enfield distributor and prices in Thailand.

Prices are quoted as follows:

1.Royal Enfield Bullet 500cc B5 - 233,600 baht
2.Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500cc - 240,200 baht
3.Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500cc - 247,200 baht
4.Royal Enfield Classic Chrome 500 - 255,500 baht
5.Royal Enfield Military Desert Storm - 258,500 baht
6.Royal Enfield Military C5 Green - 259,500 baht

And Royal Enfield Continental GT - 280,000 baht

I wonder how many they will sell at those prices

Time will tell Colin, but I am sure that the Continental GT will get quite some interest in Thailand.

I am seriously considering to buy a Classic 500 Chrome with Maroon Red, similar to my old RE in Holland.
Plan is to have a look at it in the new RE showroom when we arrive back in Thailand early October.

Have been told the show models will arrive in Thailand in August and the new importer hopes to show them at the Bangkok International Grand Motor Sale 2014. This event will be at the Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre (BITEC) from August 16 to 24?!

Talking about figures, I saw an interesting overview in an Indian article about the RE production between April and November 2013:

535 cc Produced 772 units, exported 467 units
500 cc Produced 14.449 units, exported 1.818 units
350 cc Produced 110.828 units, exported 924 units
Total produced 126.049 units and exported 3.209 units

So 2,5% of the total production is export, the vast majority of the domestic sales being 350 cc!

Thai homologation for all mentioned models apart from the GT is done, the GT will get it's homologation by October.
Road shows are planned starting next month, with test drives, will keep posted on dates/locations.

Today I have been informed by Royal Enfield India that the person behind the Facebook page is NOT a Royal Enfield distributor.
The claims on FB are false and RE is considering appropriate action.

:kboom

wow ..wondering who is that genius..

Today I have been informed by Royal Enfield India that the person behind the Facebook page is NOT a Royal Enfield distributor.
The claims on FB are false and RE is considering appropriate action.

:kboom

Hello,

I am riding a RE 500 classic around SE Asia from Nepal.

I need some spares and was wondering if anyone here knows the phone number/address of this new dealer in Bangkok.

Would like to check whether they have spares or I need to get them shipped from India.

Many thanks

Angel

Angel, I have contact with the RE factory in Chennai, there is no official distributor of RE in Thailand yet. If you want I can ask the factory if they are willing to help for parts, what do you need?

if you ship stuff from India, try to avoid couriers like DHL, Fedex etc. as they too complicated and strict for import duties in Thailand. Better bet is EMS service by India Post, often arrives without duties and delivered by Thai Post.

Thanks Brake034.

I wanted to get a few extra oil filters, air*filter, spare clutch cable and a replacement for the seal of the kick start rod under the crankcase.

the bike have this leaking from the kickstart rod and the engine is using quite a lot of oil. Not sure if this is the main reason though. We are checking it here in Piston workshop in Chiang Mai.
Maybe we can get an aftermarket seal here. We are working on it.

Definitely, I will need the other mentioned spares.
Can you tell me how I can order them? Is there some sort of online shop?

Thanks for your help.
Angel

Angel, what year is your RE and where did you buy it??
RE's for Europe have a different spec than the domestic RE's.

It is a RE Classic 500cc 2011.

1080770.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Angel

Who is Marcel? I am looking for spares not for a motorcycle itself.

Thanks

Generally just about any seal and bearing is available here in Thailand, it may take a visit to more than one bearing shop (they also sell seals , "O" rings etc). Much easier than sourcing from overseas. For instance all my Husaberg seals and AJS seal are available . Metric or imperial. Clutch cables custom made here, Piston shop should know where in CM.

Angel, my name is Marcel and I have a thing for RE's, I owned a '93 500cc Bullet in Holland, sold it a few months ago.
Now I have relocated to live in Thailand and would love to own a RE here, that's what Phil is referring to.

I will pop a mail to RE in Chennai, they will reply after the weekend I guess.

Generally just about any seal and bearing is available here in Thailand, it may take a visit to more than one bearing shop (they also sell seals , "O" rings etc). Much easier than sourcing from overseas. For instance all my Husaberg seals and AJS seal are available . Metric or imperial. Clutch cables custom made here, Piston shop should know where in CM.

Hi Harrythefinn,

you are right. Piston workshop managed to find the correct seal from one of his providers. Hopefully it will do the job right.

Piston workshop also recommended a place where I may find a clutch cable suitable for the Enfield. Will try tomorrow.

I will the posted.

Thanks

Angel, my name is Marcel and I have a thing for RE's, I owned a '93 500cc Bullet in Holland, sold it a few months ago.
Now I have relocated to live in Thailand and would love to own a RE here, that's what Phil is referring to.

I will pop a mail to RE in Chennai, they will reply after the weekend I guess.

Hi Marcel,

thanks for the clarification :)
A Bullet from 93. I guess these were more "old school" than the Classic from 2011. Very happy with my Enfield so far, although it needs some attention every now and then.

I bought the Enfield in Kathmandu about a month ago (Nepali plate). I have now made 5000 kms and crossed 3 countries with it. Made my way here through Myanmar.
Actually, I bought the motorcycle from a Dutch guy, Marco (MotoTrails.nl) who run tours on Enfield in Nepal and Tibet. Maybe you know him?

Please let me know what they say from Chennai. I am trying to get spares at the same time from Italy. A friend is flying next week for a visit.

Thanks
Angel

Angel, what year is your RE and where did you buy it??
RE's for Europe have a different spec than the domestic RE's.

As far as I know, the Classic 500 from 2011, having a new fuel injected engine, meets the European specs already. But not 100% sure.

In England my '92 500 Bullet used a lot of oil , never leaked and never smoked so I can only presume it came out the crankcase breather onto the rear chain ( which was always oily ). Not too sure if the newer models have addressed this prob.

My '93 did smoke a lot, when fired cold but was very easy to start, guess the scrapper ring was a bit worn. After heating up a bit the smoke stopped and it went just fine.

Angel,
The models for export to Europe have some better parts used for assembly, better bearings for example. However this is hearsay from European importers, not know this info first hand!

The unit engine is far better than the original pre unit single engine with the separate gearbox.

So have fun on your trip and send us some pictures and ride reports.

Will keep you updated on the reply of RE.

I bought the Enfield in Kathmandu about a month ago (Nepali plate). I have now made 5000 kms and crossed 3 countries with it. Made my way here through Myanmar.
Actually, I bought the motorcycle from a Dutch guy, Marco (MotoTrails.nl) who run tours on Enfield in Nepal and Tibet. Maybe you know him?

Angel

Angel, did riding the Nepali plated RE through Myanmar require prior planning/permission, or did you just rockup to the border and they let you in ?

Thanks guys.
I reckon these engines burn some oil as a "normal" thing. The smoke in my Enfield is normal though. Even in cold start. No issues at all.
My riding mates said there is no smoke from the exhaust while on the move.
The seal of the kickstart was def leaking. Fitted a new one. Hope it fixes the problem. I believe the crankcase gasket was also leaking but it has now been replaced during the servicing, so this may help to fix the problem too.
I will keep you posted with the result.

Thanks for your comments.

BTW, you can follow my steps (and the whole story of how I got to own an Enfield) on my FB site: https://www.facebook.com/rtwhebbo or my blog Hebbo RTW | London to Australia - 2014)

Angel

Angel, did riding the Nepali plated RE through Myanmar require prior planning/permission, or did you just rockup to the border and they let you in ?

It required pre-organisation. I crossed with another 12 overlanders in all sort of vehicles. From motorcycles to big trucks. Was fun!
All the paperwork was arranged by an agency around 2 months in advance.
Nowadays it is not possible to cross Myanmar with your ownb vehicle on your own. You need a government guide with you all the time. The Nepali plate was not a problem at all. Only a couple of poker faces from custom agents when they see a Spanish traveller riding a Nepali registered bike :) but no legal problems or hassle at all.

Hi Angel, have been reading up a bit on your blog and facebook account, quite a read! So what happened from the Tenere to the RE??

Made my way here through Myanmar.

You did this alone without the need for an 'official guide' to accompany you or the tour licenses ??

Please tell us more about the entry process, where, how much you pre organized etc ??

Sorry dunno how I missed that...

Hi Angel, have been reading up a bit on your blog and facebook account, quite a read! So what happened from the Tenere to the RE??

Hi,

I hit a sharp rock in the Wackan Valley in Tajikistan. The rock pushed the bash plate towards the sump and made a big hole of the side of the engine and broke a few pinions on the gearbox.
That happened only a few days before the crossing date into China from kyrgizstan and did not have time to repair it.
Shipping to Nepal or bangkok was very expensive so moving aglhead without the bike was the best option at that time. I sold the motorcycle in Osh and travelled through China inside the guide van.
Then bought the Enfield in Nepal and moved forward into Myanmar.
Don't know yet whether that was the best decision to make, but it seemed the more reasonable at the time.

There is a video in my blog about Tajikistan where you can see the damage in the engine and how I took to Osh from the Wacjmkan valley in a couple of 4WD.

That's the story :)

Cheers
Angel

You did this alone without the need for an,, 'official guide' to accompany you or the tour licenses ??

Please tell us more about the entry process, where, how much you pre organized etc ??

I entered myanmar from Tamu border from India and left from Maesot border in Thailand.

That's the story :)

Indeed quite a story, did find the video and saw the damage.
Admire your determination and stamina to move forward, hope you have many enjoyable KM's on the RE!
No news from Chennai yet.

Back
Top Bottom