New ferry service to connect Indonesia and the Philippines

merantau

Bikes
Kawasaki KLX150, Honda Vario
The two countries' Presidents announced that a roll on / roll off service will commence to connect Bitung in North Sulawesi with Davao in Mindanao. Apparently this service has been tried before without success. We will see what happens.

Are you saying this will be a vehicle ferry? Would be a first I think. There isn't even a vehicular ferry running between Malaysia and Indonesia, or (as far as I'm aware) between peninsular Malaysia and Malaysian Borneo. If they can't even get a vehicle ferry operating between these countries, it's even less likely there would be much demand for a vehicle ferry operating between Indonesia and the Philippines, particularly given the two countries drive on opposite sides of the road to each other. Not to mention that Sulawesi is a rather isolated part of Indonesia.

The Philippines is a Southeast Asian country in the Western Pacific, comprising more than 7,000 islands. Its capital, Manila, is famous for its waterfront promenade and centuries-old Chinatown, Binondo. Intramuros, a walled city in colonial times, is the heart of Old Manila. It’s home to the baroque 17th-century San Agustin Church as well as Fort Santiago, a storied citadel and military prison.

Won't catch me in Mindanao. Far too much religious viliance. AND I am not even religious !!!!

Back
Top Bottom