Need to buy GPS for Phils maps...

0zz1

Bikes
KTM Adventure 990
I need to buy GPS.... don't know anything about them except all of those that I have tried to use had way too many functions and buttons to figure out, but I got that SD card from Phil with the routes and next time going to the jungle I do not want to end up driving same routes 3 times so need to buy one that will show me those damn tracks.

Any recommendations.... also will they all show the rideasia maps if they have sd card slot?

nice to have features would be
- water proof
- cheap price =)

thanks,

Pounce said:
Second hand Garmin 60CX or 60CSX
I'll second that. Don't get the GPSMap 60C as it doesn't have the MicroSD-slot you'll need to use the map you have (on top of which it has a different receiver in it that is not as good in difficult conditions; tree-cover, 'urban canyons' and such).

Be careful buying second hand gps's.... often being sold because they have developed a problem such ad turning themselves off after a few minutes or irratic button issues...some of the 60 series might be quite old now

I have a Nuvi 205W I've never used, and maybe a garmin mount for it.
I may sell it if that's what you need.
Also will be selling my Garmin 60csx in 2or3 weeks.

alexuk said:

Alex - are you going Montana?

alexuk said:

Hi Alex,

I would be interested of that 60csx. I will do my next longer trip on 12th May is it available before that?

not sure yet but somewhere west.... MHS province... dirt tracks and perhaps back via Chiang Dao NP.

Sorry, posted a long winded article about some new gps units available and found a huge thread about it already.....I am thinking of a Montana 450 but see you guys using the 600 series? Is it worth the extra?

Davevb said:
Sorry, posted a long winded article about some new gps units available and found a huge thread about it already.....I am thinking of a Montana 450 but see you guys using the 600 series? Is it worth the extra?
Never heard of a Montana 450. Perhaps you're thinking of the Oregon 450?

Yeah sorry, I was looking at the Oregon 450 but I just picked up a Montana 600 on Amazon for $112! They are coming up at the moment but being snapped up. You have to keep refreshing the page and grab it straight away.

Back
Top Bottom