BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
Total distance 114 km
IMG_7357.jpg
Todays trip didn't go to plan, which wasn't a bad thing considering
IMG_7358.jpg

IMG_7359.jpg

IMG_7360.jpg

IMG_7361.jpg
One of the tracks went further than I expected then it suddenly joined up with the track that possibly linked Mae Charim and Nan offroad.
Here it was dismantle then rebuild the gate after I went through
IMG_7362.jpg
Not many cattle inside the gate, but then again as I found out last week it only takes one to have you off the bike
IMG_7363.jpg
Now riding on a pretty much unused track with nothing showing on the gps maps unless I can progress westwards for a few kms
IMG_7364.jpg
It is still double track but a bit overgrown and only used by motorbikes
IMG_7365.jpg

IMG_7366.jpg
I was surprised to see these along here, the bikes engines were stone cold but they were 2 strokes
IMG_7367.jpg
Both bikes had the keys left in the ignition but then again I guess bike theft is a rarity up here
IMG_7368.jpg
Once past the bikes the track was very overgrown in places and its now getting more rutted and no tyre tracks showing
IMG_7369.jpg
A few signs here and there though
IMG_7370.jpg
A turning to my right heads northwards but its steep downhill and totally impassable
IMG_7371.jpg
I carry on ahead for a short distance but its now getting too overgrown to ride so I leave the bike and walk for 100-200 metres
IMG_7372.jpg

IMG_7373.jpg
It would need a group with machetes to get through here, my gps shows about 800 metres further would link up with a track going back to Nan but it wasn't to be
IMG_7374.jpg
I walk back to the bike which I had foolishly manhandled under that tree and which I would now have to turn around and get it back under going uphill
IMG_7375.jpg
I ride back a short way then notice a track going off to my right which doesn't look too promising but I try it anyway.
Not far along here another tree is down but this one presents no problems.
Riding on and the track gets rougher but suddenly I can see tyre tracks so that really gets my hopes up.
Although this was once a driveable double track its now only passable by motorbikes, no four wheel vehicle would do it, the ruts are far too deep
IMG_7376.jpg
I ride on down some steep bits that might be troublesome getting back up but as I can now see the track getting more use I don't worry as I know it will go through, also I am closing in on a track that I personally mapped two or three years ago so I know it exists
IMG_7377.jpg
Finally I emerge onto my previously explored track and have finally done what I first tried to find three years ago.
There have been a few attempts but where the mighty KLX 250 failed, the modest and humble KLX 150 succeeded
IMG_7378.jpg
Back out into the sunlight
IMG_7379.jpg

IMG_7380.jpg

IMG_7381.jpg
This stream bed was the track for a fair way
IMG_7382.jpg

IMG_7383.jpg

IMG_7384.jpg

IMG_7385.jpg
I explore a few more tracks to finish the afternoon off.
There were other turnings coming over the mountain and I will get back to explore them over the next few days.
I know this sounds like "do as I tell you not as I do", but my advice would be don't do this alone, there were some tricky parts up there and I only soldiered on because I am happy doing this on the 150, if I still had the 250 this would not have been done today
IMG_7387.jpg
Roast chicken, sage & onion stuffing, roast potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and gravy at Tony's Place 260 Baht

That roast chicken dinner looks the nuts Colin. Fair reward for a hard day's graft!

Back
Top Bottom