N.O.B Ride Friday 24th August, 2012

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Looks like there's a few riders around:

Matt
JFKKFS John
Phil

Max / Alex/ Adrian etc....... let us know if you're in too.

ill be riding , hopefully Ill have my new bike by then , if not ill go on the gassa as usual , .. where you meeting 700 years ?

I'm in.
Paul I hope you get your bike in time ;)
What about something like this :

NOB 24th.png

There are actually some trails to explore that are not on the map where LivingLOS hurt his hand/broke clutch lever a few weeks ago.

Looks good Max - Jon doesn't want to do anything too crazy as he's not been riding for 6 months and the WR has been sitting.

There are actually some trails to explore that are not on the map where LivingLOS hurt his hand/broke clutch lever a few weeks ago.

Id like to suggest a name for the first new trail found "Any Excuse" in recognition of the fallen one :RE 55

Loop - are you coming out this Friday? Great recovery on the knee if you are.

Cheers, Matt

Loop - are you coming out this Friday? Great recovery on the knee if you are.

Cheers, Matt

Id like nothing better than to jump on the KDX Matt but the new graft wont be strong enough for another few months so im in Pattaya rehabilitating ATM :D

So far:

Matt
AlexUK
Max
Northern John
Phil
Paul
Adrian
Ian
Jim (maybe)

...have i missed anyone? 0930 am at the 700 year stadium. CRS Chris, are you all mended and coming???

My dads' just back from Germany, so if he lets me bunk off school we'll both come.
Scott KLX 140 & Derek

Scott - would be great to see you out again. If you make it you can have a go on my KTM.

Cheers, Matt

Could we please have a copy of the route. I'd like to load it on my GPS before we leave tomorrow.

We started off with Adrian, alexuk,Derek and Scott,Ian, John, Matt,Phil, and crs on his way to join us later.
At Huay Tung Tao Phils bike died,so he decided to get it home.
Meanwhile crs had a slip trying to cross the water duct behind huay tung tao and is in hospital atm having his bones checked
We took the singletrack to mae rim, then up the buggy trail and on to the viewpoint, it started pouring down so was slippy all the way up.
After that, we were going to eat at the hmong village, but I was behind and didnt see the rest, nor tracks, and I turned to the other hmong village, Mae sa mai, and went home alone
Just got a call, they're now having lunch in the tourist village

Sorry to hear about Chris I hope he's ok, I actually saw an ambulance arrive at the lake not knowing it was for him (where is his bike ? does he need some help with it?)

3 weren't able to make it still 8 bikes for the ride, great turnout in the wettest part of rainy season.

View attachment 8955

View attachment 8956

After the first bit of single track westwards towards the HTT lake, my KTM 300 died, feels like its dirt stirred up in the carb, will clean it later.......didn't want to risk it happening again up in the sticks, so in the pickup it went.

View attachment 8957

Went for a cartwheel down that steep bit just before the concrete water duct back of htt. Fractured humerus head - but not too bad so just a sling for a few weeks. Trying to catch up with a bad hangover - didn't engage brain and used front brake sharp. Me and bike did a nice flip though. Some Thais helped me get the bike over the duct then I rode home. C'est la vie.

Kun Hoo is at the Maldives club tonight - might hobble over there for a cheerup.

Went for a cartwheel down that steep bit just before the concrete water duct back of htt. Fractured humerus head - but not too bad so just a sling for a few weeks. Trying to catch up with a bad hangover - didn't engage brain and used front brake sharp. Me and bike did a nice flip though. Some Thais helped me get the bike over the duct then I rode home. C'est la vie.

Wishing you a quick recovery. Where is the bike??

Home. Luckily I got some help from a bunch of thai guys that appeared.

Home being in cm now...

Here's a few shots from yesterday.

OK... so we started off gently, then I discovered why the guys didn't want the Super Enduro there

033-1.jpg

Yep... there's a way up

037-3.jpg

... with a bit of help from your friends at times

041-2.jpg

Just a walk in the park really

044-2.jpg

Sorry for the blurry shots... but its rare to actually get a shot that demonstrates the steepness.. so, here's another one

045-1.jpg

... and away we went

050-1.jpg

If you look closely at the left side of that big mossy rock... you'll see frame paint from a Honda. Shh.. don't tell anyone.

054-1.jpg

Its amazing how the steepness disappears in a photo. These aren't wheelie skid marks... everyone's gone down there with the rear wheel locked. I was a wimp and went down with the engine off, in gear - using the clutch as the brake. I haven't ridden anything like this track for 30+ years

055-1.jpg

Yeah... this one's about to get some frame paint too

056-1.jpg

The lads decided to collect some firewood on the way through...

057-1.jpg

.... as for the frame paint... its OK, I put a mud poultice on it before I took it back

062-3.jpg

Great photo this one, you really did capture the severity of this gradient

037-3.jpg

Some video from Friday's ride. This is the first video I have ever made / edited / uploaded......

[video=youtube_share;ko1Jja7qqn8]http://youtu.be/ko1Jja7qqn8[/video]

Back
Top Bottom