N.O.B ride Friday 21st September, 2012

Should be here and up for it.. Tho I wont be coming right back into town and doing that traffic on suthep rd / canal Rd again, big fat hassle to come in simply to go out again.

I can meet at the Rd to Queen whotsits park or something around there.

I'm coming as well, hopefully the route is easy going, I need to take it easy.

Meeting where and when?

Why not meet at the the same PTT with the 7-11 on Canal Rd / R 121 , just south of Suthep road on the south bound (eastern) side

9933d1347505889t-n-o-b-ride-friday-14th-september-2012-nob-14th-september-meeting-point.jpg

Why not meet at the the same PTT with the 7-11 on Canal Rd / R 121 , just south of Suthep road on the south bound (eastern) side

9933d1347505889t-n-o-b-ride-friday-14th-september-2012-nob-14th-september-meeting-point.jpg

What time?

Not trying to be a pain in the arse.. And you guys meet up at the PTT as thats good for you for the 7 / 11 and seats etc.. But I will be further out.. Coming in with the car and trailer to there means going in and u turning through the shitty suthep canal rd junction at rush hour, it took like 20 plus mins just to get in, to then turn around and go back out, total frustration.

I can unload on the rd around royal flora somewhere.. IIRC theres a gas station on the junction where royal flora joins canal Rd. I will be there in time for 10 mins after your meet up..

What is the planned route?
I agree with LOS, not gonna meet there for PITA reasons.

Yeah I should be able to make it. As long as the rain keeps off. flower garden/ night safari car park 0930am is OK with me.

Scott would like to go out on Sunday if anyone is interested probably over by the dams behind Mae Jo on the rocky trails.

Yeah I should be able to make it. As long as the rain keeps off. flower garden/ night safari car park 0930am is OK with me.

Scott would like to go out on Sunday if anyone is interested probably over by the dams behind Mae Jo on the rocky trails.

PM me your phone number if you can, there's a few car parks off the 2 round-a-bouts

Gotta cancel. Somethings come up.

Have a good one.. Weather looks clear and perfect.

Yeah perfect day for it,enjoy guys.

I`m really tempted as my bike is just sitting there begging to be ridden but i might wait another few weeks before testing out the knee.

Alex's chain tension-er had broken and he didn't have any more adjustment left on the swing arm studs, so had to turn back early on.

View attachment 10140

After an initial lovely bit of single track we ran into some locals who said that we could link NW up to Doi Suthep, they had a smile on their face as they were telling us this, almost a "stupid farrangs" smirk.

View attachment 10141

Now - we knew this would lead towards the "Last Man Standing" region and we were fully aware of the gradients around there.

The area is top left where the arrow says continues

View attachment 10142

Jim hadnt ridden for a couple of months and wasn't enjoying it, my KTM 300 starting overheating with the slow, wheelspinning pace, so i stopped to let the bike cool down. Derek was 50 meters up the cliff, his bike started overheating too, so the 3 of us went back down.

View attachment 10143

View attachment 10144

Max should have the tracks from higher up, it will be interesting to see if it links to Last Man Standing - Im going to head back there on the trials bike in a couple of days.

From what I see on the map, I can assure this goes up to LMS. The first time came to know about LMS - I took exactly this track...great fun but tough

Twas an excellent day, made even more excellent by the following:

Take a (an ex) friends WR250
Run it till it drops on the roughest track you can find
Wear out the tyres
Bust a fork seal
Take photos of tomfoolery
Put it back in the shed dirty for ex friend to clean when he returns from work
Marvellous!

The WR250 did make it up the LMS hill too, with no drama, hell of a bike really. First time I had ridden it for more than 5 mins, very, very easy to ride and capable too. I'm sure it will be happy to be going back to it's owner!

P.S. Only joking about the photo's!

Totally agree - the Yamaha WR 250 F is the best bang for the buck for offroad riding here.

Wear out the tyres
Bust a fork seal
Marvellous!

The WR250 did make it up the LMS hill too, with no drama, hell of a bike really. First time I had ridden it for more than 5 mins, very, very easy to ride and capable too. I'm sure it will be happy to be going back to it's owner!

Wear out the tyres
Bust a fork seal
Marvellous!

Darren, I didn't know You were such a funny guy, I love this kind of humor...shame I couldn't make it yesterday....brrrrrr...soon so soon...

Hey I was having fun until I couldn't see the trail anymore and dropped my bike twice and I wasn't even on it!!
BTW did you find out who the owner is of the Orange radiator grill??

Back
Top Bottom