N.O.B ride Friday 16th March, 2012

So itchy (???) just means being itchy for something, mostly for party (??????).
????? as LivingLOS wrote is just a popular song, but it is not recognize as such when you talk with people (though they would probably laugh and get it if they know the song).

I remember asking my Thai missus before and got no real reaction to straight itchy.. But this was back when the Ja Turbo / Khun woody interview scene just kicked off and I dont think she had caught the song version yet.. I also think with Ja Turbo its itchy ear kan hoo with the option of a vowel swap to hee. But her version is clearly just making a not subtle wordplay.

Thai also seems far more turned into the vowel and middle of words where latin derived seems all about the consonants and the begin and end (why aussies have such wildly different vowel interpretations but we can understand them.. Sort of.. And I guess everyone has seen that text wehre mnay lteers hvae been mexid hewvoer you sitll udner santd it) so it would make more sense that a vowel swap would be nearer to a rhyme for thai than us.

I hadnt used tieow as party ?? I though it was more tour / trip / vacation but my Thai is fairly awful, Phuket not being a place to integrate enough.

The more I think about it tho.. Itchy even in english does have an almost desire element, an itch to scratch, etc etc..

Anyway.. Something half solved.

Also as Max rightly stated "Itchy for Something" can be transformed into its English equivalent "Itchin' for a" .....

So going back to the original question, what then is the band "Itchin'" for? new drums...guitars....?

Back
Top Bottom