N.O.B ride Friday 16th March, 2012

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
N.O.B ride Friday 16th March, 2012

Anyone up for a ride in the jungle and route ideas?

I'll see if Rudi and George are keen.

Max is back today.

Darren - Johns last ride?

Alex?

Matt has a broken leg

Loop?

Mr Hanley -have you come up for air?

I'll ask around

Yeah i want to ride.
Not sure about route but i like fast and flowing.

I am up for air.. Not that its much cop back here !!!

Got a shed load to catch up on, would say its unlikely this week. Will confirm later.

This will be WR250 Jon's last Nob ride for 2012, he will be missed.

I think there's a route in mind towards Mae Rim and turtle track etc......

Maybe meet 10.00am at 700 year stadium on Canal Rd?

KTMphil said:
This will be WR250 Jon's last Nob ride for 2012, he will be missed.

I think there's a route in mind towards Mae Rim and turtle track etc......

Maybe meet 10.00am at 700 year stadium on Canal Rd?

Yep 10.00 sounds good to me

Checked the trails today, looks like the ground was so dry that the torrential rain we had last night (Wednesday) got absorbed pretty easily. With the huge wind, it has brought down humongous amounts of leaves, now these are hiding a lot of the ruts on the trails, which should help keep things exciting.

There maybe 3 UK guys joining us in the morning too.

6986824721_1b0918aa6f_b.jpg

A great days trail riding for WR250 John's last trail ride before he heads back to the UK for a few months. The trails were only slightly damp in places, but there were leaves everywhere hiding the ruts.

12 Bikes turned out quite a gathering to start the day at the 700 year sports stadium

6986827927_0f768155e1_b.jpg

Alex had some kind of fuel injection control device he was testing gaffa taped to his tank, i dont think it stayed there long

6986827351_29c1fb4d06_b.jpg

A map of the tracks we took are in the map below. Starting at the 700 year stadium, then north towards Mae Rim, then south west towards the turtle trail

nob mar 16 2012.jpg

short clip from todays ride
nice to meet you all, and finally ride past Buddhas Footprint

Waiting for your turn to get through the "dip" on the single track between Huay Thong Tao and Mae Rim

6840704742_dede14d7a1_b.jpg

Stopping for a breather just before Mae Rim

6840702668_e80e9513c5_b.jpg

One of the guest riders from the UK took an alternative route and ran into some nasty rocks

6840700316_ab55f54b44_b.jpg

LUFC at the north end of the single track between Huay Thong Tao resv'r and Mae Rim

6986819709_ce6e261165_b.jpg

Harry, who does some off-road tours in the region, just back from Mae Sariang, came out on his first NOB and had a blast

6840696752_ed8ec39279_b.jpg

Yeah todays ride was a blast. Great riding with everyone and cheers John, you will be missed on these rides mate!
Some of my shots from today. Time for a new camera though I think. Broke it on Last Man Standing a few weeks ago
SAM_0937.jpg

SAM_0938.jpg

Phil and the guys taking a breather before Mae Rim
SAM_0941.jpg

SAM_0939.jpg

Onto Turtle track. What a fun trail!
SAM_0945.jpg

Bunch of us got a little hung up through here
SAM_0944.jpg

another break before the hill climb and the really fun part of TT
SAM_0946.jpg

Which way?

6840694604_e28be4b6d8_b.jpg

Another rest approaching the Turtle track

6840694062_2f5d7baec4_b.jpg

Harry getting some snaps

6840693442_a81b39a535_b.jpg

Viz. was much better after the rainy weather system had past through 2 days before

6840692844_ce627b0ec6_b.jpg

Then onto the hill climb challenge which seems to have got everyone's attention

6986812925_ff3efa161d_b.jpg

It's steep, loose and no-ones got the top yet, here where it is up Doi Suthep

HILL CLIMB CHALLENGE MAP.jpg

& here's the GPS co-ords at the base of the hill climb challenge if you want to give it a shot

hill climb co ords.jpg

Lunch in Hmong Village

6840689764_f45a7e4614_b.jpg

Couple more shots of the days riding

6840689120_2d03fd20e5_b.jpg

The hill climb challenge capturing a victim

6986808475_0b8e627f78_b.jpg

The hill climb challenge sacrifice - broken plastic

6986807973_79a27a3ac4_b.jpg

And here's some video of the hill climb climb challenge, very amusing.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdFAfsJttLc[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jScd_Y5OfHg[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7zlj_CyrOI[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGnB_PCa4fs[/VIDEO]

Couple more hill climb attempts - No one has got to the top yet

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys4f2B9hDK0[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAFRBBczFi4[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af4NMDkjRHg[/VIDEO]

We might see something like these having a crack at it soon?

LOL! I'd like to see one of those things getting there on Turtle Track! :lost

Did anyone have a helmet camera on and record the hill climb attempt?

A few of the N.O.B rider's were asking when Max's girlfriend Fon's band (Itchy Band) were playing again. Max is racing Enduro today in Mae Jo and asked me to post that they are playing at 11pm tonight (Sat 17th March 2012) at a bar called "Play" on the north east corner of Chiang Mai moat square (across the moat from Rider's Corner). Fon plays base guitar.

The flyer for their gig tonight is below

itchy band.jpg

Fon on base guitar

itchy band 1.jpg

KTMphil said:
A few of the N.O.B rider's were asking when Max's girlfriend Fon's band (Itchy Band) were playing again. Max is racing Enduro today in Mae Jo and asked me to post that they are playing at 11pm tonight (Sat 17th March 2012) at a bar called "Play" on the north east corner of Chiang Mai moat square (across the moat from Rider's Corner). Fon plays base guitar.

The flyer for their gig tonight is below

[attachment=1:3ifnkl75]itchy band.jpg[/attachment:3ifnkl75]

Thank Phil. It starts at 10:30pm and there is open bar until 9pm :)

KTMphil said:

Damn..wish we`d known earlier me and another coupla drunks (LeU & LiL) were in the area and would`ve loved to check it out!

Is there a youtube video or a music link to there music? dying to hear the "too drunk to ****" song

johnnysneds said:
Is there a youtube video or a music link to there music? dying to hear the "too drunk to ****" song

When you get back how about a NOB outing to watch the itchy band

KTMphil said:
johnnysneds said:

When you get back how about a NOB outing to watch the itchy band

hahaa sounds like a Spotlight aftermath!

Johnny, the name of the band comes from the thai meaning of itchy, ask a thai what it means to be itchy ;)

Just put 2 videos together, Toni's contour video and one of Phil's clips:

I also never got that Ja-Turbo itchy ear euphemism either.. Itchy is kan / kun / ??? and she was using hoo so ?????

I dont know how ??? relates (or rhymes) to horny (which has a few I can think of ngian, seow, dtuen jai at a stretch, etc etc).. I kinda guess that maybe the itchy ear was a play on the physical putting the finger in for a scratch but its not one to ask the language teacher !! Plus of course you can change the vowel in hoo to an ee and get itchy twat but see that as the hoo miss pronounced not the itchy part ??

What am I missing ??

LivinLOS said:
I also never got that Ja-Turbo itchy ear euphemism either.. Itchy is kan / kun / ??? and she was using hoo so ?????

I dont know how ??? relates (or rhymes) to horny (which has a few I can think of ngian, seow, dtuen jai at a stretch, etc etc).. I kinda guess that maybe the itchy ear was a play on the physical putting the finger in for a scratch but its not one to ask the language teacher !! Plus of course you can change the vowel in hoo to an ee and get itchy twat but see that as the hoo miss pronounced not the itchy part ??

What am I missing ??

:bash :lol3

alai na ??

I assume you caught the whole Ja Turbo brew ha ha last year.. When she was on that talk show and he was a cunt to her..

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkjbnjJlFDk[/VIDEO]

So no ones knows why 'itchy' relates to horny ?? We are just repeating it but not knowing why ??

I am curious on this one.. I was when the Ja Turbo thing came up last year, and 2 or 3 expats with similar weak thai to me assured me itchy rhymed with horny, like they were in on the joke, but then when I ask them ok what is kan rhyming with, they just mumbled.. Its not rhyming with any of the words I know of for horny, but my Thai vocabulary is poor..

My best guess is its a vowel play on hoo to hee, or at least thats how it seems with Ja Turbo's version. Her song is all double entendre tho.. I used a cotton bud on it, maybe I got water in it when I showered, give me an injection of good medicine, etc etc etc.. But did she start this itchy thing or is 'itchy' in Thai as Max hints a pre existing slang ?? and she ran with it..

I know itchy ears in Thai is a idiom for someone talking about you, like 'your ears must be burning' in English.. But this is one I havent understood right from last year or two when the Ja turbo interview was all big Thai news / gossip.

Surely the better Thai speakers on here can set me straight ??

I did some investigative work last night, but to no avail. Itchy = Kun, didn't get any feedback of a sexual nature...hmmmm

Awesome video LivinLOS, when/where is Ja Turbo's next concert?

Back
Top Bottom