N.O.B ride - Friday 15th March, 2013

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
It sounds like a lot of the offshore guys will be back for Friday 15th march, 2013, a lot of rider's have expressed interest in a group ride for that day, so could be a reasonably sized group.

With 9 days to go, maybe we can throw some ideas as to a route, maybe even an overnight, 2 day route if people are interested. That would then throw Pai, MHS or Mae Chaem/ Doi Inthanon into the ring too.

Come forth with your ideas.:RO

Some ideas:

- 2 days with Mae Sariang as base.
- 2 days north of Pai (Pai or Wiang Haeng as base).
- 2 days to Khun Yuam, some great easy woods trails to go there from Wat Chan.
- 1 day starting from Mae Win, a big loop in the Ob Khan national park (trail Alex, Matt, Johny and me did a few months ago). Easy and nice trails.
- 1 day from Sameong, lot of possibilities from there.

I don´t know, if I´ll be back from Kan. If so, I´m in. Equal where. Mae Sariang can be done maybe on the way back. Kan - Tak - Mae Sot - Mae.Sariang. Unfortunatenaly my wife does´nt want to drive the truck, otherwise I could do Umphang.
Khun Yuam OK, Pai not. Ob Khan NP fine.
CU at MX-GP
bye

I'm in for next Friday, 2 days away would be nice. Mae Sariang is awesome, must remember and take along some flippers this time. Rivers should be down a wee bit now?
All those places mentioned above are excellent choices.

Not sure who will be coming at the end, as far as I know Johnny and Harry can't make it. So maybe do a good 1 day trip would be better.

What about the "1 day starting from Mae Win, a big loop in the Ob Khan national park (trail Alex, Matt, Johny and me did a few months ago)."?

For those who don't know, Mae Win is about 50km south west of Chiang Mai. It's just after Mae Wang, a place where there is a lot of rafting along the river. The way to go is pretty easy:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Mae+...+Win,+Mae+Wang,+Chiang+Mai,+Thailand&t=h&z=15

We can meet in Mae Win and go from there, lot of possibilities. A good place to meet is right there:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Mae+...=wFiy8v1gzhNWK3ZezcxZzw&cbp=12,258.88,,0,12.7

There is a Belgian guy Nino who is coming with 2 friends, I'm in as well, Ton might be coming. Who else is coming?

In principle I wud like to join in.
Haven't done much in the Mae Win area, so wud be new to me.
Some GPS co-ordinates & meeting time wud be useful once its finalized.
Russ.

to avoid so much roadriding , we could leave chiang mai 9am and meet at 11am on the trail.junction @N18 44.230 E98 41.811
or samoeng at 10am

OK so we'll meet up at 0930 at 700yr stadium carpark, and ride over to samoeng
checked with max

OK so we'll meet up at 0930 at 700yr stadium carpark, and ride over to samoeng
checked with max

As discussed 0930 at 700 years stadium. We'll meet up with other riders in Samoeng around 01100.

Damn wanted to come so much, but gotta go to school now every friday, so no NOB's for me

Mr sneds has broken his arm so can't make it. Im riding back from Mae Sariang with two riders tomorrow so unfortunately will miss this ride, hope you have fun.

Never sent from an I-Phone

Ended up being only Russ and myself. We had a great ride with very various type of trails in a one day ride:
single track, rock tower climb, truck road, bamboo trail, jungle (river crossing) trail...

I never really take much time for picture (I should...) so here is only 1 picture on the jungle trail:
DSC_0394.jpg

On the way back I finally found out where this "lake in a quarry" is, looks very fun to jump from the ledge!
DSC_0395.jpg

Here is the gpx file of the day:

GpxViewer

Attachments

• 2013-03-15 09.31.34 Day.gpx
    829.8 KB · Views: 542
Back
Top Bottom