N.O.B. Ride 09.12.2011

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Max, Darren (maybe Jon) & I are planning going for a trail ride this Friday (9th December, 2011), all are welcome. It probably won't be too technical as Darren is recovering from Knee injury, but should still be a lot of fun.

If you want to join let us know.

Re: N.O.B. Ride 25.11.2011

The doc says his knee should be 99% by Friday so polish your 2 stroke skills Phil and prey it aint too slippery !!

ps Jon will be in attendance

jkrfjessjess said:
The doc says his knee should be 99% by Friday so polish your 2 stroke skills Phil and prey it aint too slippery !!

ps Jon will be in attendance

Great Jon ...will be a fun days riding

I should make this one also, rock on

Nice to see that its evolving to a 2 stroke gathering ;)

I fly out again on Thursday, so missing it again !!

LivinLOS said:

Looking forward to seeing the YZ vs. the KTM in a dogfight soon! A straight line acceleration test would be mildly amusing.

Unfortunately I'll be forced to ride another super dull 4 Stroke 250 this weekend.
Boring, wont this thing go any faster..........

If anyone wants to suggest a meeting place & Darren maybe suggest the route due to his condition.

LUFC said:
LivinLOS said:

Looking forward to seeing the YZ vs. the KTM in a dogfight soon! A straight line acceleration test would be mildly amusing.

Unfortunately I'll be forced to ride another super dull 4 Stroke 250 this weekend.
Boring, wont this thing go any faster..........

Went there last Saturday they built a barrier there is no way go get around... We can still meet there though.

MastaMax said:
Went there last Saturday they built a barrier there is no way go get around... We can still meet there though.

Location of the 700 year stadium for any out-of-towners

700 year sports stadium.jpg

jkrfjessjess said:
Where abouts is this barrier?

Beginning of the dirt just after the gate with security on the right.

Attachments

• 700yrs.png
    700yrs.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 695
Thats a hell of a barrier !! Not the usual twigs an crap but real metal!! Have confer'd with my learned friend and we can still get in to where we need to be without having to pay.

jkrfjessjess said:
Thats a hell of a barrier !! Not the usual twigs an crap but real metal!! Have confer'd with my learned friend and we can still get in to where we need to be without having to pay.

Hopefully you're not referring to going through that dyke?

KTMphil said:
jkrfjessjess said:

Hopefully you're not referring to going through that dyke?

Negative.

We can still sneak around the dyke and for those slighty more frivolous souls still save the 20 baht entry fee. Which is an enormous relief financially.

Twenty Baht can buy a full bowl of Swamp Rat soup in some establishments , slightly better value for money me thinks

mmmm swamp rat soup..

/homer

Just back from my mechanic, my bike won't be ready until Saturday, he took the carb apart to clean it and he still has to check the valves clearance. Doesn't sound all to good for me tomorrow, will have to wait until Saturday for riding :(

was really getting into that dirt super highway we were riding on Suthep today...pity about the blown rear shock seal on the KDX.
on closer inspection there was oil coming from it.
will defo be giving that road some more time in the future

i ended up with an 11ml open end/ring spanner,more than happy to return it to the rightful owner as i don`t have anything it will fit :?

Well Darren lied, "not too technical" my ass.

This was the route we did, sneaking around the 20 bht barrier via trails, then north to Huay Thong Thai resevoir.

Then west up the mountain & south west. Then through the Hmong village to the infamous "Turtle Trail".

Lunch in Mae Rim, then an "interesting" route back through some nasty ruts.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 598
N.O.B underway on Doi Suthep

2011-12-09_222244.jpg

The Infamous "Turtle Trail" (quite over grown being the start of the season), here Dave working his way up.

2011-12-09_222342.jpg

Couple of really nasty steep rocky sections here

2011-12-09_222321.jpg

& some ruts

2011-12-09_222403.jpg

1st casualty - Dave's rear light assembly, fixed with good old wire ties

2011-12-09_222526.jpg

Then Tony discovers on his new (to him) KXF 250 chain is bar tight - none of us have a 32mm wrench, bike up on end slamming the back wheel doesn't work

2011-12-09_222609.jpg

Lew then discovers the 2-stroke auto-mix on his KDX isn't working,a leaky carb seal is the culprit, so he limps back to the car park.

The two WR's (a 250 & 450) on the trails

2011-12-09_222631.jpg

Repair break almost over

2011-12-09_222701.jpg

Interesting local in the Hmong village

2011-12-09_222459.jpg

Young boy in the village

2011-12-09_222438.jpg

We tried this new place for lunch in Mae Rim, it;s about 1/2km east of the P.T petrol station on R 1096 (west of Mae Rim), excellent food and efficient people

lunch sign.jpg

2011-12-09_222134.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 6
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 18
Hassman N.O.B. Rides 32
johnnysneds N.O.B. Rides 24
M N.O.B. Rides 22
Back
Top Bottom