My package that travelled 5 times around the world

MastaMax

Bikes
19 ktm 300tpi 6 days / 15 Yamaha YZ250F / 08 Husky 450SMR / 13 ER6N / 13 KTM 300XCW(sold)
My clutch is dragging a bit so I ordered a small internal piece from the US.
First KTM OEM parts are not allowed to be shipped outside the US for some reason I wonder... So I decided to go through my mail forwarding address (shipito).

Now my package went from the US to Thailand by mistake, back to the US, then back to Honk Kong and now on it's way back to the US where I am waiting to forward it to Thailand... :applause::applause:

It's almost funny and am happy I'm not in a rush to get it as the bike is running just fine.

ups_tracking.jpg

I avoid UPS like the plague, and DHL
Will be interesting to see what they will try to charge you in extras
Let us know if it ever gets to you

It's supposed to be a US domestic shipment to my shipito address in the US. From there I then forward it using USPS and fill in my own custom declarations.

So did the supplier accidentally address it to Thailand, or did UPS stuffup ?

Supplier mistake I presume. As they probably have my thai address in their records. I had to enter a US address for the reason that they are not allowed to ship OEM parts outside the US.

I've got my fingers crossed at the moment... waiting on my 525 crankcases, crank, barrel and piston - coming back to Oz from the US. When I shipped the bits from Udon Thani, the crankshaft never made it there. That parcel had been opened, presumably for inspection, en-route.... and the wrong bits put back in (a couple of hydraulic controllers). Fortunately, I had a spare crank in the shed (doesn't everyone?)....

My "best" shipping effort though was a whole heap of BMW M5 suspension parts coming to Australia from the USA. The supplier, who I'd dealt with many, many times... got all the address right, except for "NSW Australia"... which they replaced with "Namibia". They got here six months later (the supplier sent a second shipment FoC). The missus eventually took the errant parcel back to the US for the supplier.

Good luck with yours Max

A few years ago when I used Thumpertalk(TT) for parts, parcels went to the wrong country on 3 occasions. Russia, Canada, and Japan.
All were addressed to me in Cambodia, USPS priority or express. They eventually got here. The longest reroute was 4 months from Japan and they sent it Seafreight to save a few dollars.
I think it was a problem with TT's shipping contractor, not USPS.
Since switching to Shipito, 27 parcels to date have arrived on time via USPS EMS.
I dont use TT for parts anymore either.

My package got to my forwarding address in NV USA.

I will never order from motosport.com ever again, their customer service is terrible, they just ignore your mails or reply with generic answers that are not answering anything you asked.

Worst of all they lied as they twice replied that they've updated the address to my address in Thailand after I complained and asked to send it straight here.

Here is the full tracking log and a picture of the condition of the package.

Very poor service by UPS and they also didn't reply to any emails except a survey link (which I gladly filled in with my thoughts about their service).

Now using USPS to ship my package to Thailand, that should be hassle free as I am able to fill in custom form myself.

part1.jpgpart2.jpg
picture.jpg

Back
Top Bottom