My new WR250F

MastaMax

Bikes
19 ktm 300tpi 6 days / 15 Yamaha YZ250F / 08 Husky 450SMR / 13 ER6N / 13 KTM 300XCW(sold)
Just got my hands on a 2007 wr250f in very good condition and thought I might share my feelings about the bike so far.

So first step, get the bike back from Phitsanulok :
289484_298765153473974_100000214741752_1379305_2020249011_o(1).jpg

Then go out and try the bike. Didn't change anything on the bike as it runs really well as it is, just 1-2 clicks on the suspensions as the guy riding it before was double my size/weight (probably tallest thai guy I've ever met). Battery was flat, but that's normal as the previous owner didn't use it for a long time. After a few km it's all good.

First ride on Wednesday night after work behind 700yrs stadium. As it was dark in those smalls trails it was a bit hard to use the bike hard.

Second ride with Uk Alex on Friday:
293346_2320531984904_1597702394_2361689_1513345997_n.jpg

First impression, it flies, it's like sitting on a spring... also it needs handguards :)

By the way we went from 700yrs all way up doi suthep then down on the south side and on a single track to wat Umong. All tracks are very dry as a dry season day. For those afraid of the mud it's okay to go out now.

Third ride on Sunday, went in the Ob Khan area had a great day of riding.
325112_2320544705222_1597702394_2361692_566156608_o.jpg

Phil asked me to write the differences with the klx. Well it will be easier to point what they have in common:
2 wheels, 1 engine, they both are reliable to go from point A to point B even with trails in the harshest conditions. That's about it.
Nothing wrong with the klx, but it's just very hard to compare those two bikes as they have a different purpose. One is a dual sport bike and the other is a proper enduro bike.

The wrf is fast, it pulls very hard and is a pure joy to ride. The back slides out in every corner, it jumps on every bump, and is so light it's like riding a bicycle...
It is also very tall, I can't get to the ground when sitting straight on it. I have to lean on one side to put one foot down. But who cares, that means more clearance to the ground so it's a good thing.
The seat is rock hard. Those complaining about the klx's seat should better try this one first. Again, to me it's a good point as I don't sit down at all anymore, even on the road I mainly stand up.

Still have to get a bit use to it to get 100% out of it, especially with the cornering. As the bike is so light it is so much more important to first brake with your weight back, then go sit on the tank so the front stays put.

And last but not the least, it's very tiring... I get twice as tired as on the klx. Will need to hit the gym or go ride more often :)

You won't regret it for a second... Can't take the smile off my face while riding (except when I come in too fast in a corner...)

Edit: I forgot, also the maneuverability... It's so much easier to place your front wheel exactly where you want and keeping it there! Riding in tight ruts (or on top of it) is a piece of cake.

glad you enjoy the bike max :GF
i knew you'd enjoy yourself on that thing, looks like a real clean example from the pictures, p.s ride height should be pretty easily lowered by adjusting the shock spring.
hopefully be out riding with you fellas once i score me a 450!.......

MastaMax said:
You won't regret it for a second... Can't take the smile off my face while riding (except when I come in too fast in a corner...)

Edit: I forgot, also the maneuverability... It's so much easier to place your front wheel exactly where you want and keeping it there! Riding in tight ruts (or on top of it) is a piece of cake.

That loos like a VERY tidy bike for a 2007. Good find.
Hope to see you out on the trails soon.

KTMphil said:
Max - What's the approx. range on a tank of fuel trail riding?

Didn't go all way to the reserve yet. I think about 120-140km, which is more than enough, where is there a trail longer than that with no gas in range... in Thailand?

Back
Top Bottom