MVD Racewear

brake034

Bikes
Suzuki GD110HU, BMW F650GS
If someone is interested in MVD Racewear, please let me know, I can easily bring it to Thailand as I have enough room in my relocation consignment. These guys are not far away from my house, so I can go collect it for you, here's the website: MVD Racewear

Just checked, the SMX jacket retails around 300 and the pants around 325 Euro.

Just talked to Marcel van Drunen, the owner of MvD Racewear.
The SMX jacket and pants are 325 Euro each, the gloves are Euro 70 per pair.
I am considering to buy a set myself, will keep you posted.

I am going to see Marcel next week, anyone interested in his gear too?

I was but just bought a regular suit..

I am told it runs tight.. Previously they didnt cater to larger guys 36 or so waist was the largest.. Looking at the site it seems thats changed ??

Given the trousers need knee braces / are not armored.. It adds up to do the full whack.. That said I think its the best kit out there, both for the riding style I do and the climate here.. Plus it looks great..

If we can get 3 suits or more sold we may get some discount or freebies.

There is a Kevlar knee insert if I am well informed.
Yes, the ventilation of the jacket is what interests me, as I am a sweaty type of guy :idea:

Strange I was told from an enquiry direct to their own site that the pants didnt come with any protection and were designed to go over knee braces..

Not a bad thing given they may not be so tight as a normal track style suit.. But strange they do after telling me that.

Have a look at: Products
Under the pants it says: - strong, cut-resistant Kevlar is worked into the knee opening

Hope to see and discuss with Marcel next Friday if I can move around another appointment?!

Marcel runs a Supermoto school too: Marcel van Drunen / MVD Motorsports / Supermoto
He asked me if there would be an interest in Thailand to organize such masterclasses?
Maybe the Chiang Rai racetrack would be a good place to organize that??

I assume thats kevlar like fabric kevlar as in ride jeans.. Not a pad or armor just fabric thats less likely to tear...

I have a few pairs of 'kevlar panel' jeans.. But I put knee pads on under them.

There has already been a couple of supermoto school days in CNX and CR.. Of course nothing like the level of MVD involved but well attended by Thais.. I would be very up for a instructional track day or weekend tho think he would get more attendance at a bigger more bangkok track like Bira.. Not that I dont want it here but I am guessing there would be a lot of costs to cover if hes involved.

This popped up on facebook feed today.

If you speak to MVD again, ask how the one piece is coming on.. There were some pics online before of testing and development for the one piece but its been a while now.

So.. Did you buy this gear ??

Whats your impressions ?? I really like it still for the kind of day or 2/3 day trips up here.

Planning a meeting with Marcel failed, mainly my fault, as we were coming towards the end of our trip to Holland.
So I didn't get to see the suits but still have contact with Marcel sometimes.

Also I have given up the idea to drive a bike so I won't be needing a suit.

Ahh ok..

Given up riding.. Dear Lord !!

Changed my mind on giving up riding :ride:, will be ordering a MVD jacket soon.
Need some boots in size 46 too......

MVD racewear's website is down, they will need to find a new hosting site.
Business is as usual, I will be ordering a jacket and gloves, any one else interested in ordering?

Like I say, I am still very tempted by a full suit but just bought a one piece leather set.. Plus having read the sizing is a bit tight (mostly by american standards) I would want to try.. I find that my dainese is cut tighter than my alpinestars so maybe a USA / Euro thing..

Also interesting is that MVD are making a one piece to their cut and materials... For me the jacket alone is not so interesting, theres lots of jacket options nearly equivalent.. Its the pants and jacket as a combo, theres a lot less pants options, with good protection, that are not leather or touring focused. I am still on the kevlar jeans and knee pads option.

Wont be ordering without a fit, but will be interested to see it once you have it.

Currently they have only black in XL, I guess white would be better in the Thai climate.....
will ask about the one piece suit.

1 white jacket XXL and a pair of gloves XL on order.

Will be shipped by Dutch "EMS" today so parcel will arrive at post office instead of courier service.

No news on the one piece suit, will ask again today.

The one piece suit is still on the drawing board, it will take at least another 2 months before it will be a marketable product.

One MvD jacket being held at Mae Sai Post office / Customs office, no information from Mae Sai I should go where......
I didn't hope it would bite me in the butt twice especially now I need to go China for 2 weeks on the 5th.

Hmmm, spend 5.350 baht on duty and VAT just to find out it's way too smal for me.

:hmmWonder if it would fit a smaller vertically challenged person....

I guess so, depends on the diameter rather than the length as it is way too short for me :eek1
You're welcome to have a try and a coffee, so I can admire the Suzi......
Will be home till the 31st of January, than off to China again till the 10th of Feb.

Back
Top Bottom