MRE from Big C

al-klx

Bikes
KLX 250 Thailand,KLR650 Alaska, Harley Davidson Road King in USA
I bought a bunch of these at Big C (near the canned goods), but I have seen them at Tesco as well. IMG_0784.jpg
They are about 35 Baht. I brought several before my last trip to Laos. Then I buy sticky rice in any village, for a trail lunch.
You can eat them cold, but I heat them up on the bikes engine. They have many flavors.

Great idea. Variety, or lack thereof, in Lao rural restaurants has always been a con of travelling in Laos for me.

But are they any good?

Not bad. I like the Masaman Gai. And much better than Lao belly.

And do they need to be cooled or will they survive ambient temperatures for a week or so?

The Package says "Ready to eat " I have eaten them cold but they taste better warm. Every package I have seen is good for over 1 year, no refrigeration needed.

I carry on the last Trip some of this fried Rice packs for more then 4 Weeks around befor i need them .
20150226_002422_zpst6efjbbw.jpg

No cooling or heating to eat that stuff .
Taste .... eatable

The Mobile meals that Schrauberklaus showed have been around for a few years now, I find them to be pretty bland. They are usually the last to go in my food stash.

Always looking for edible food to take camping or just as an emergency backup.

This one gets the Bob Kelly seal of approval.

20180514_114515.jpg

Big C in Chiang Rai Marcel, needs a little parmesan cheese but otherwise not bad at all, and you don't need to keep it cool.

Thanks Bob, seems to me it's handy to take some of them with me to China, that way I can avoid some banquets :-)

Well it is pre cooked so i guess it will be fine if you like cold spaghetti :scoff

Back
Top Bottom