Motorcycles refused entry into Cambo at Aranyaprathet/ Poi Pet International border

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
We heard this from Moose today, who has just ridden through Cambodia & Laos. He tells us some Malaysian riders were refused entry into Cambodia at Aranyaprathet/ Poi Pet International border crossing with Thailand just over a week ago (say around 24th December, 2012).

If anyone has any more information on this please let us know, also if anyone manages to cross into Cambodia at the Aranyaprathet/ Poi Pet International border crossing please inform us.

David who there around the same time on his Singapore registered 990 had "issues" at that border. Customs were insisting on a carnet. He got through after a bit of haggling. No money was involved.
GP

Myself and a rideing buddy have been planing a Cambodia ride for over a year.
I talked with him this morning after reading this and we will still try and cross in about a week at Poi pet.
I will post eather way.
Al

Last times they were saying you could only enter and stay in that province, therefore leave by the same border..

To enforce this they try to take your Thai export docs saying you get them back as you leave.. I had a full on row in koh kong, it was becoming a hassle, but he finally had enough of me and said ok ok you go, you see police you have problem don't tell them you came this way (not thinking about passport stamps) oddly he wasn't fishing for a bribe, I offered one..

One of the problems with the cambo border is, no 2 crossings are the same..

Myself and a rideing buddy have been planing a Cambodia ride for over a year.
I talked with him this morning after reading this and we will still try and cross in about a week at Poi pet.
I will post eather way.
Al

Al -Please let us know what happens

My rideing buddy and myself were able to cross at Poipet on January 8 on our Thai motorcycles.
At customs on the Cambodian side we asked for delectration forms for the bikes.
The offical said he would not give them to us, but we were free to go into Cambodia.
Al

Any recent experience at poi pet?
Im not decided yet, but will try either that or the hat lek crossing soon.

Thanks for the update MT looking forward to some pictures of the trip...

Took me about 1,5 hour to cross at Poi Pet. No problems or questions, just slow processing on the Thai side.
The ride from the border to Phnom Penh on national highway 4 is not very entertaining. Especially not in the rain. Traffic and poor road conditions. Especially a stretch after Kampong Thom. Thats where my radiator cracked..
Had quite a nice ride back from PP to Koh Kong on NH6. Less traffic and better roads. Some mountains etc. Crossing from Koh Kong into Hat Lek was also smooth. 30 minutes total.
I managed to reach Bangkok while topping up the cooling system constantly. I like to ride in Cambodia, but i will probably not do it again in October lol.

Back
Top Bottom