Motorbike insurance in Cambodia?

Bea and Helle

Bikes
2 Honda Transalps
Hello!

Does anyone know, if we MUST have a motorbike insurance for our bikes (registrated in Germany) while riding trough Cambodia?

And when yes, do you have any recommendations which insurance company we could ask?

Thank you very much for your help!

Many greetings
Bea & Helle

www.timetoride.de

I've entered Cambodia maybe 15 or more times in the last 10-years.
Simple answer: No...insurance is not mandatory.
Neither I or anyone I know has been asked if we had any when entering the country.
Nor does it matter what country's plates are on your bike.
Sometimes scammers, at the border, will tell you need to register your bike upon entering. Not so..ignore them; you only need your visa.
OTOH, if you've never been there the locals can drive unpredictably, so you might obtain a basic accident policy.
And, if you have any injury of significance, return to Thailand for medical treatment; most Cambo medical care is quite poor.

Bea & Helle said:
Hello!

Does anyone know, if we MUST have a motorbike insurance for our bikes (registrated in Germany) while riding trough Cambodia?

And when yes, do you have any recommendations which insurance company we could ask?

Thank you very much for your help!

Many greetings
Bea & Helle

http://www.timetoride.de

Insurance for motorbikes in Cambodia is not compulsory.

A friend who lives here (in Cambo) got third party property insurance for his DRZ400 through CAMINCO. Cost was around $60 for one year and a Cambodian drivers licence is required which takes around one month to get (slow bureaucracy).

Back
Top Bottom