Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
DSCF6885.jpg

A nice picturesque house up for sale

DSCF6887.jpg

DSCF6890-Copy.jpg

A lot of pleasant villages that I ride through regularly on my rides out westwards from my home have scenery like this

DSCF6895.jpg

This is a bed and breakfast rather than a family home that I first thought it was

DSCF6896.jpg

DSCF6897.jpg

DSCF6899.jpg

DSCF6901.jpg

DSCF6903.jpg

Now to enjoy some twisties heading north west up into Berkshire and Oxfordshire

DSCF6904.jpg

DSCF6905.jpg

DSCF6909.jpg

My picnic and turnaround point in sunny Oxfordshire

DSCF6915.jpg

A snap of Hungerford in Berkshire, the scene of that terrible massacre back in 1987.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungerford_massacre

DSCF6916.jpg

Hungerford is a pleasant peaceful place to ride through and when I rode through it in 1987 a couple of weeks before the shooting it barely registered on my mind

DSCF6918.jpg

DSCF6919.jpg

I try out another new side road and wonder what this is

DSCF6920.jpg

Its securely fastened with no way of entry

DSCF6921.jpg

Today was supposed to be a lot warmer and sunnier than it actually was, I think summer has been cancelled for the UK this year

COLIN!!!!!

DSCF6890-Copy.jpg

What a lovely set of photos and the look of that water makes me think of the Nadder out near Salisbury with the Grayling & Dace rushing against the fine stones on the bed of the clear waters.

Nice

Ally

Glad you enjoyed them Ally, everything should be green over here this summer with all the rain we keep getting

"In England's green and pleasant land"
When people ask me what I miss about England, I always think of Sussex in the Springtime, the woods, country lanes, rolling hills...... but those were memories of childhood and if I went back now (not been for 14 years) I'd probably be stuck in London for the duration!
Great pics bringing back lovely memories..... thanks.

Is that the power station at Didcot in the distance in the photo of where you stopped for your picnic?

Marvelous photos...and such bucolic scenery!
And I thought England was just lots of police street cameras, traffic and rain ;-)
Thanks, Colin
I'd hate to be the gardener at that B&B establishment!

Thanks Colin.
Good to see another (non Thailand) side of you.
That countryside looks wonderful.

Thanks for all the comments and yes Gareth it is the Didcot power station

According to this week's Economist, a UK publication, these Cap. / photos are Photoshopped fakes! Hear here: Ever since 1984, when Los Angeles hosted the Olympic games, opening ceremonies have become ever more grandiose. Greece’s, in 2004, offered a rather worthy Classical history lesson. Four years later Beijing’s emphasised Chinese discipline (in the form of massed drummers), national innovations (fireworks, paper, printing) and thrusting ambition (astronauts). How to top all that? Danny Boyle, a film director who is in charge of London’s opening ceremony, has decided not to try. On June 12th he unveiled a model of the opening set. It features an idealised countryside, complete with real chickens, sheep and cricket players—a sight that endures mostly in children’s books. There will be clouds and rain, just in case nature does not provide them, as well as a walkway evoking the M25 motorway, known for its gridlock. Opening ceremonies are a country’s opportunity to sell itself to the world. Britain appears to be selling irony.

Attachments

• EnglishIdealCountryside.png
    EnglishIdealCountryside.png
    516.7 KB · Views: 319
Back
Top Bottom