Mobile camp kitchen.

brake034

Bikes
Suzuki GD110HU, BMW F650GS
It may not be suitable for a motorcycle, but handy for the support car or expedition trucks.
Size is 56x38x36cm, weight is 24Kg and unfolded the kitchen is up to 190cm long, 87cm wide and 65cm height.
DDU price in Thailand about 1200 US$ (including delivery, excluding any import duties), including all shown utensils, pots and pans.

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

CF_50_2_S_camp_Kitchen13.png

CF_50_2_S_camp_Kitchen.png

It is MIC (to quote TB-Racing) so I do not take any warrantee claims!

Hi Mac,

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will forward you a PDF file about it.

Marcel

You can guarantee that food will get spilled at some over this unit (ceasar dressing, mayonnaise, custard, milk, other semi liquid ingredients etc....) at some point, looks like getting it cleaned properly could be a problem with food getting into all those hinges and moving parts that don't disconnect. Ants will like that for sure.

hinge.jpg

The yellow bottles toilet cleaner they sell here contain 15% hydrochloric acid, that will take care of all bugs :lol:
Like I said, for this MIC 304 stainless steel no warrantees it will sustain the cleaning job.......

Hi Phil, if a "stainless" material rusts it is not because it is 304 instead of 316.

Under ambient conditions (not saline as both 304 and 316 will corrode under that condition) the corrosion resistance of 304 and 316 is pretty similar.
Mechanical properties of 316 are better but that is hardly an issue for kitchen appliances, cutlery or garden fences.
Most cutlery is made of 18/10 material, 18% chromium and 10% nickel, quite similar to 304 and I almost never see rust on cutlery?!

When any "stainless" material shows signs of rust it means two things: either poor material (not meeting the requirements of 304 or 316) or bad material handling.
Material handling means that steel and stainless steel materials must be separated in stock and abrasive tools used for steel cannot be used for stainless materials.

Another reason for "stainless" steel to show rust is where the stainless material contacts any steel, like bolts or fasteners.
Between steel and stainless materials a galvanic corrosion will rapidly show, never bolt a stainless steel frame down with steel bolting, use stainless bolting instead!!

Being from yachts, we always look for 316 because of the salt water (carry a magnet when shopping).

Yes, in saline applications 316 performs slightly better than 304.
However for maritime applications, either alu. bronze (so called gunmetal) or (super) duplex materials show far better corrosion properties, way above 316.

The difference between 304 and 316 cannot be sensed with a magnet, that needs at least a PMI shot with a hand held X-ray fluorescent (XRF) analyzer.

This is a picture of the screen of a PMI analyzer doing a 316 material test, I did this one a few weeks ago in China.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KTMphil Cooking & Food's 0