Marquez extends contract with Honda

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
" The sublimely talented Spaniard is now going to be a Honda factory rider until at least the end of 2016 after signing a two-year contract extension

Marc Marquez has signed another contract with Honda Racing Corporation which will see him remain under the umbrella of the company until the end of 2016.

The young Spaniard took the MotoGP world by storm winning the championship in his rookie season last year. It was a priority for HRC to re-sign the young sensation, who has won every race so far this season – all from pole position.

Since joining the factory outfit – Repsol Honda – Marquez has finished on the podium in all but two of his 22 MotoGP races. He’s taken 10 victories, six seconds and four thirds. He’s also accumulated 13 pole positions in the premier class.

He arrives at this weekend’s French GP leading the 2014 championship by 28 points after just four rounds.

"I am very happy to announce my renewal with HRC. I had always dreamt about being part of the Repsol Honda Team, and thanks to Honda the dream came true a year-and-a-half-ago. Everything happened very quickly last season, and I would have never imagined that I could achieve what we did.

“Becoming world champion during my first season was another dream which became reality. It is a great honour to be a part of the Honda family and I’m glad to remain with this special group of people for another two seasons."

(BikeSales.com.au)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bsacbob Bike Talk 1