Malaisie

Jm22580

Bikes
Honda 750
Where i can take insurance to drive in Malaysia, we have to get off to Singapore, coming from Thailand
At the border ??
thanks

At the borders yes. Maybe in the nearest bigger city on the thai side too?

Singapore - thats not an easy and cheap place to get into with a foreign bike. Have you done some research on that?

thanks , we will not go back to Singapour , the bikes will stay in Malaysia
for Malaysia , I wrote by email to Kuala Lumpur Insurance, do not do for 1 month, I wrote to the Malaysian Embassy in Bangkok, no answers

I was in Malaysia on my norwegian plated bike in 2015 and I passed a small border crossing of Wang Prachan-Wang Kelian from the Satun province of Thailand. There was an insurance office there but unfortunately it was nobody there that day so I couldnt buy insurance. I then tried as I was advised to by the other border staff to ask at banks along the way but to no avail. I went to the office of one of the main insurance companies in Penang but they couldnt offer me any insurance. I then went on to KL and sent several emails to different insurane companies - I think one answered and said sorry they couldnt offer any insurance.
So I then headed back to the main border of Sadao and after a lot of back and forward I could finally get insurance there.

So my best advice is - cross at the bigger border crossings and chances are best there to find insurance.

I was in Malaysia on my norwegian plated bike in 2015 and I passed a small border crossing of Wang Prachan-Wang Kelian from the Satun province of Thailand. There was an insurance office there but unfortunately it was nobody there that day so I couldnt buy insurance. I then tried as I was advised to by the other border staff to ask at banks along the way but to no avail. I went to the office of one of the main insurance companies in Penang but they couldnt offer me any insurance. I then went on to KL and sent several emails to different insurane companies - I think one answered and said sorry they couldnt offer any insurance.
So I then headed back to the main border of Sadao and after a lot of back and forward I could finally get insurance there.

So my best advice is - cross at the bigger border crossings and chances are best there to find insurance.
Thanks , for all , good day

Back
Top Bottom