Mae Tho / Rit river name confusion

Beddhist

T. Khok Chang, A. Doembang Nangbuat, Suphanburi
Bikes
Guzzi V85TT, Keeway TXM 200
Hi folks,

I have searched the web hi and low for info on these two rivers, but come up blank. Take a look at this Google map:

https://www.google.com/maps/@18.0910054,98.2167626,15.75z

You can see that Google, too is confused: they have drawn 2 blue lines side by side, one labelled Rit, the other Mae Tho. On the left there is a break in both lines and after that there is just one Mae Rit.

My Garmin map is also confused, calling the Western river "Mam Mae Lit" (sic!). Going up stream it becomes the Huai Mae Tho, then Huai Mae Rit Yen.

Does anybody have a definitive source for the names of these rivers?

Thanks,
Peter.

Beddhist - I'll check my paper maps later and will let you know soonest

OK, the rivers are shown on the Thai Army Map 4645 III - I have a screenshot of part of the map with the names of the rivers as they are shown on this map. Huay Mae Tho comes from the east and flows into the Nam Mae Lit (Rit) which runs from north to the west to the Salwin River

Mae Tho Mae Rit - 4645 III.jpg

Hope this helps

Thanks Lone Rider. It's interesting, isn't it: the Mae Lit looks like it flows from the E edge of the map to the SW, but in fact it comes from the N, joining the Mae Tho W of the bridge at Ban Kong Koi.

I suspect that the Mae Tho flows S through Ban Bo Sali. If that is correct, what is the name of the river coming in from the E? My guess is Mae Rit Yen.

Back
Top Bottom