Mae Sot To Kanchanaburi On The KLX

Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
The Route 105/12, 1108, 1110, 4001, 1116, 4003, 1139, 1117, 1072, 3504, 3456, 3438, 3282, 3011, 333, 3086, 3398, 3199

Total distance 521 km
DSCF8033.jpg

A nice early start today, I was eating my chicken curry for breakfast at 6.30 am and heading out of town by 7 am as I had a long ride that I wasnt really looking forward to on the KLX.
The 105/12 was its usual foggy misty self with lots of lorries on it and I was glad to get off of it and enjoy the peacefulness of the backroads starting with the 1108
DSCF8034-1.jpg

DSCF8036.jpg

DSCF8037.jpg

Not many photos today as I wanted to get to my destination pronto, I have now rode this trip in one day on three different bikes, the Bm, the Phantom and now the KLX, the Phantom wins hands down in the seat comfort on this long journey but I was a lot more comfortable today than I expected to be and also enjoyed it too
DSCF8038.jpg

DSCF8039.jpg

DSCF8041.jpg

Surprisingly there were a number of Police checkpoints along a stretch of todays ride and I was stopped at two consecutive ones and asked for my passport and driving licence.
I remembered someone saying the new Asean driving licence has the passport number on it so I just handed this over and yes it was accepted as my ID
DSCF8043.jpg

DSCF8046.jpg

DSCF8047.jpg

DSCF8048.jpg

DSCF8049.jpg

More water in the reservoir then on my last trip
DSCF8059.jpg

I check in at the Jolly Frog at N14 01.952 E099 31.224 for 200 Baht
DSCF8052.jpg

A double room with my own private toilet/shower
DSCF8054.jpg

The grounds of the Jolly Frog, although I often eat here I have never stayed here before
DSCF8056.jpg

DSCF8055.jpg

A view of the River Kwai from the garden
DSCF8057.jpg

A pork macaroni for 40 Baht at the Jolly Frog, they do a lot of trade here and keep the prices low and no complaints about the food either

You can get the gdb file from my website here … http://www.captainslash.com

...heading out of town by 7 am as I had a long ride that I wasnt really looking forward to on the KLX.

When your butt cheeks recover Colin, can you tell us how you felt after that long ride on the KLX?

Ally

Thanks for the info, and pics. It's not easy to find an interesting route from mae sot to Kan.... other than the jungle run.

19 highways, i'll be stopping to check the map quite often next time.

Ally dont forget I have a new Airhawk now which makes an awful difference, I was expecting to be in discomfort as even some of the other rides I have done this year have left me aching, losing my flab has left me less comfortable on all three of my bikes.
My biggest problem was tiredness as the day wore on but I am safely in Kanchanaburi now and as I was up at 4am this morning I might take a rest tomorrow.
Now I have done a ride of that length on the KLX I am not bothered by it anymore, a good thing too with another trip to Malaysia next holiday.

Marcus you may find some of those roads arent on maps, I just found them years ago by trial and error

Jesus - i bet you were glad you had that new Airhawk seat, might be as new record for consecutive, 4 digit roads.

The route

ms to kanchan.jpg

How many hours in the saddle was that Colin? I did a 600km leg up the west coast of Sumatra earlier this year and it took me 12 1/2 hours.... on a KTM seat/plank. Numb bum set in....

Wow... good speed.

Back
Top Bottom