Mae Hong Son Thai politician accidentally kills ex-wife with Uzi

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400

120814044647-thailand-uzi-story-top.jpg

Mae Hong Son Senator Boonsong Kowawisarat accidentally shot and killed his personal secretary with a gun in a restaurant in Phrae province, police said.
The shooting took place at a restaurant in the province's Wang Chin district on Sunday night, Pol Lt Choosak Poonsawat of Wang Chin police station said Sunday.
416573.jpg
Mae Hong Son Senator Boonsong Kowawisarat

Sen Boonsong, 55, and his personal assistant Chanakarn Detkard, 46, were travelling to Bangkok in the senator's car and stopped for dinner at a restaurant in tambon Mae Keng.

While waiting for their meal, Mr Boonsong took out the weapon. He told police the gun accidentally discharged and his secretary was shot in the stomach.

Sen Boonsong said he was so shocked by what happened that he was unable to take Chanakarn to hospital himself. The owner of the restaurant had to take her, where she was pronounced dead from her injuries, Pol Lt Choosak said.

Police have yet to arrest or charge the senator as he is protected by parliamentary privilege while the House is in session.

When that problem is solved, police said, the 56-year-old Sen Boonsong will be charged with causing death by negligence. The charge carries a maximum sentence of 10 years imprisonment and a 20,000-baht fine.

Sen Boonsong is a lawyer, with an office in Mae Hong Son, where he also is head of the local Rotary Club chapter.

There were no further details, including why Mr Boonsong was carrying the weapon, why he took it into the restaurant, or whether he knew the gun was loaded.

Police said the shooting involved family and friends, so private charges are not likely.

"From our initial inquiry, the secretary’s family will not sue because they were relatives and it was an accident - he didn't mean to do it," a local police officer told the AFP news agency.

Been following this incredible story too.
His personal assistant was apparently his own cousin; keeping it all in the family.

But it can happen.
Last time I went to Riders Corner and took the Uzi from my backpack it also discharged all by itself and killed two cats and a pigeon.

Seriously though; it's probably sobering for us all to contemplate just how many people out there are armed and willing to use what they've packed.
That's why I never deliberately piss any off here.
Sometimes have to repress my spontaneous instinct to give some-one The Finger or even strangle some-one though!

And my guess is that we'll hear nothing more about this incident.
It didn't happen! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom