Luke Stokes collects R2M SuperNaked Championship Trophy

barrygrussell

Bikes
Kawasaki Z800, Yamaha Mio
A short post, but definitely worth sharing this photo of Luke collecting his championship trophy last night at the annual FMSCT Awards event

IMG_1849_Edit_RS.jpg

It's worth reminding ourselves that Luke's first taste of track action was in May, when the R2M SuperNaked series was launched. Despite being chased hard by Colin Butler throughout, Luke managed to win every round.

The progress of Colin and Luke has been nothing short of sensational, going from complete rookies in the SuperNaked series through to the elite Thailand SB-1 Pro-Superbike class in just seven months!

Thanks for the picture and words Barry! :DD
And thanks to everyone else who congratulated me :RO

Well done. What are your plans for next season? Are you going to compete in both series again?

Thanks Jon, plans for next season are to enter both series again.
Unfortunately my CBR1000RR is not exactly in showroom condition at the moment, so it is a race against time to get that bike ready for the first round of the Superbike Championship starting in March.
The Supernaked series commences around the same time and we may have two more tracks, Bonanza and Kaeng Krachan added to the calendar, pretty good stuff so I'm looking forward to getting out on the ER6n once again.
Cheers

Stokes70 said:
Thanks Jon, plans for next season are to enter both series again.
Unfortunately my CBR1000RR is not exactly in showroom condition at the moment, so it is a race against time to get that bike ready for the first round of the Superbike Championship starting in March.
The Supernaked series commences around the same time and we may have two more tracks, Bonanza and Kaeng Krachan added to the calendar, pretty good stuff so I'm looking forward to getting out on the ER6n once again.
Cheers

i Didn't think we would be allowed to race in the Supernaked series anymore, or were you refering to SuperStreet?

Can't wait to battle it out again this year on the ER6, CBR1000 and maybe even the CBR250. Hopefully i'll be able to continue my success at the end of year into 2012 and it should be an exciting year.

Congrats on the 2011 supernaked championship!!!

I think Colin's right. Now that you are both pro-class superbike racers I don't think you can do SuperNaked anymore - that was the original intention anyway. Superstreet should be no problem - Luke, how about patching up the wrecked Blade and putting some flat bars on it?!

Haha not giving up on my blade that easily Khun Barry! latest news is that it may be ready slightly sooner than expected...

Supernaked, Superstreet, I dont really mind what series me and colin are put into, what I do hope though is that lots of bikes turn up and support R2M's effort to put on this series for grass roots racing.

Roll on the first race!! :DD

Back
Top Bottom