Looking for: Suzuki DRZ400S wheels in Thailand or Cambodia

paulboombang

Hi everyone,

I am going to start a long tour through SEA and South Asia starting in mid February and am shipping my DRZ to Bangkok. Problem is, it's still running on SM wheels as I couldn't get hold of the S's 21" front and 18" back.

Does anyone have some S wheels lying around or know a good shop to turn to for this? Don't necessarily need to be DRZ wheels neither, just something that can be made to fit...

Bangkok would be best for recommendations, but anywhere northern Thailand or Cambodia would be fine as well..

I'm glad for any help!

Cheers, Paul

Have a set..

Rims (powdercoated black by richco), new michelen sirac tires and tubes (with tire slime), the solid hub rear, new sprocket attached.. Etc etc.. Mint condition and cost me a bunch..

Dont really want to sell but could.. Now if you could bring a used DRZ frame with you on the plane we could talk...

i saw this ???????????? ??????? Suzuki DR650 || OLX Supermoto wheels, progressive WIRTH springs & ACERBIS SM frontfender white for SUZUKI DR650 (SP45 Models), include brand new rear tyre PIRELLI Diablo Supercorsa 150/60-17 and 70% front tyre PIRELLI Diablo Rosso II 120/70-17 plus new inner tubes, EXCEL rims, chromed spokes, original hubs of DR650, EBC brake disc-rotors nearly new, newish bearings & sealrings, speedohub for 17" wheel for DR650, 2 new-wider footpegs. THB 19,000.- tel 0818843826

Mr.H ... What DRZ parts do you now have for sale?

I am stuck in a pretty bad position.. You know how much money I have in my dizzy.. And how much I like that balance of bike for a round towner..

But that wreck has done the frame (and forks and and and) and getting a frame into the country presents a logistical (legal) challenge.. So I either part it out, and the book, and all my spares, which I dont really want to do.. Or I source a frame and import new forks etc etc.. Or find an unregged DRZ and transplant all my good bits. One option would be to hand carry a frame in from a uk trip I had planned for this spring, but I did have a mountain bike to do that with also !!

I would rather source the frame, but failing that, 440 engine, FCR carb, everything bar the front end / frame. Still healing and have a long road to go so not in any great hurry.. I guess that means I keep the KTM640 as my round towner once the bones knit.

Frame in a mountain bike box ... Many have done it.... I'd buy a drz without a book and go that route. Talk to Lek, he can source a Drz no book easy

Yeah.. Theres options.. Right now its not really my focus.. First walking, then riding..

he he.. no.. Thats a keeper..

As much as I'd like to help out another DRZ rider, that's gonna be complicated.. I can hardly find spare parts to get ready for my trip, so getting my hands on a frame here in HK are towards 0..

Sorry to disappoint, sounds like you had a nice one there..

No sweat.. Somehow I thought you were in Oz..

Sadly I'm in a much smaller DRZ market.. The only think I'd have to offer are the 17" SM wheels, the original tank and Japanese version headlight.. Any interest in those for letting go of your 21" - 18" wheels?

Cheers, Paul

Not really.. I way over spent on building them up from importing hubs / rims / sprockets / etc.. And having both wheelsets is kinda helpful.

Why dont you just have your current hubs relaced here.. 18/21s rims are easy to find, reconfiging the wheels will costs buttons.. OK sure the front brake will be a little 'grabby' with an oversize rotor maybe but I rode my set with the SM rotor without much problems.

That way its some rims and spokes. tubes and tires.. Ohh and bring some alternative front sprockets to juggle the gearing too.. Cheap enough and all possible with the local market.

Back
Top Bottom