Letter of Authorization - a question

Beddhist

T. Khok Chang, A. Doembang Nangbuat, Suphanburi
Bikes
Guzzi V85TT, Keeway TXM 200
Hi folks,

My wife is currently mulling the Letter of Authorization as posted here. However, she says that it is addressed to the registration officer in Chiang Mai. I think this document is for a customs officer at the border, so what am I missing here? Do I need to get this processed at the rego office first? :WTF

Regards,
Peter.

If the bike is YOUR name you need to do nothing apart from present yourself to the customs office at your exit point with copies of the registration page of you green book with your name and copies of the rear section showing yearly tax has been paid.

Peter,

The Letter of Authorization is a standard one which we got from the Customs people here in Chiangmai. I have used this form at the border (Nongkhai and Chongmek) without any problem but, if need be, just change the text a bit by addressing it "Whom it may concern" or something similar in the Thai language

Thanks guys. So this is just a free-form document which needs 20B Tax stamps attached. My wife has written it up by hand and her sisters are signing as witnesses. I don't need to take this to the transport office.

No, you don't meed to take this to the transport office - just get the tax stamps at one of the government offices and take the form with you when you cross the border. If possible bring a copy of the ID card or something similar of the owner of the bike as the customs/immigration people might ask for that.

Cool, thanks. I'm sitting in the Doembang transport office and the good new is we can do it all here. They even have a generic authorization letter. I'll get another copy of that for you.

Murphy's law says that since it all goes without a hitch I won't need any of it at the border. :rolleyes:

OK, we can pick up the translated certificate tomorrow a/noon. The fact that the bike is registered in another province didn't seem to matter. Then again, the official dealing with this was out, so the story may yet change tomorrow. Meanwhile, here is a pic of the Letter of Authorization that should be good everywhere:

IMG_3489.jpg

Back
Top Bottom