LED Aux Lights

schrauberklaus

Bikes
XR600,XR400,XR280,XR250,CRF250L
Hi
Got the last days some goodies from Lazada .
IMG_0157_zpsurbpbqie.jpg

IMG_0158_zpsxuacnsxk.jpg

IMG_0159_zpssc5akmw5.jpg

Dit a few tests , and thought i let you know my resaults .

First , good quality build even they are made in China , for the price anyway , all housings are full Aluminium , waterproof with O-Rings or Silicone , quality Cable in good size and watertide Plugs . All screws stainless steel .Each light comes with brackets , stainless or powder coated. Some even with good watertide Connection Plugs , Handlebar switch , 2 set of Brackets and a allen key.

The big 2x3 LED top left are actuell 2 seperate Lights . top is Flood and bottom Spot . Rated at 30 W each .
LED's are identical just with different Lenses . Ech draw 1,4 A and price is about 1500 THB each.
Lighting is very good , Much brighter then a standart H4 Bulb in a CRF or XR Reflector.
Flood has a nice and even spread over the hole area , Spot is a very bright big spot in the middle and darken evenly to the
outer edge .
As Aux Light on a Motorbike they are a little big but on the Crashbars of a GS or similar Bikes they could find a place .
And bundled like in the Pic they fit perfect in to the Front Mask of a XL ,XR (the big one ) or a CRF .

The 1x6 Led is also rated with 30 W but draw only 0,97 A (always tested with a fully charged 6 AH Lithium Batt.)
Light Pattern is the same as the 2x3 LED Spot but just not as bright as the 2x3 but still good .Price was about 1600 THB.
With the slim profile it would fit under some Front lights easy , especially if you know that this Light get barly Hand warm and the back half (that only cooling fins) could be easy cut of what brings it to about 4x3x19 cm.

Last the 2 round ones that comes as set , rated at 36 W each for about 2700 THB.
I have 4 identical ones from the US that cost years ago about 140 USD each .
Housing , Brackets and the hole build is absolut the same , the big difference is the Power draw .
The one from USA draw 1,5 A and the 2 from Lazada wopping 3,6 A . The high current make me first think that there is something wrong and the LED's are some how false connected . But i open one up and there are 4 LED's on one star bord with a 2 wire connection to the driver bord (with overtemp. protection ) that all looks correct . But no idea what type of LED are used there . They are getting not even close as warm as the US Lights even they draw more then the double current .
Usally high power LED's draw about 700 mA / 3,2 V . and depend LED's need a constant Current supply 4 LED are connect in 2 series 2 parallel connections what gives about 1,5 A overall current .
Either a new type i never heard of or they operated this LED's out of spezification .
But Man that thing is bright .

Did they indicate how many _lumens_ the various light sets produce?

Yes , they do for some .
Like 3000 LM for the 1x6 and 3600LM for the round one but i trust that Infos not to much .
Its anyway never shure where and how they messure it even they give the correct lumen .
A tiny bright spot in the middle don't help much if the rest is to dark .

Back
Top Bottom