Laos road update ?

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
Hi Guy's
I am planning a short trip as the attached map, which is a shortened trip of one i did two years ago, at that time much roadway construction was in progress. My question is what are the roads like on my route these day's, are they all pretty much hard toped, i am planning to take my trusty KLX, but would the Versys be up to the trip :hmm

Suggested dec 11 route.jpg
I will becalling at Phil's to get a new Loas map but i am sure people will have more local knowledge.

Thanks in advance....

Bob

Plenty of decent roads in Laos, R 13 N is all good apart from an area around Oudomxai & some broken sections around Kasi, we can give you some ideas.

Thanks Phil, i recall the section from Luang Prabang to the Nan border crossing was the worst, i am still getting the dust out of my eyes :lost

I assume the black line is your intended route. These roads are basically all paved with the exception of the Luang Prabang to Xayaboury part which is still unpaved and might be dusty. Xayaboury to Hongsa and the border to Nan is all paved. Oudomxay to Pak Momg is probably badly rutted/potholed - they filled in the potholes last year but after the rainy season the potholes may even be worse than before.

Thanks for the info so far Guy's, looks like the KLX will be making an outing again :-)

Looks like i won't need to waste time washing the bike before the trip :LOL

Back
Top Bottom