LA Police Go Into Stealth Mode

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
Article from Motorcyclist America states the Los Angeles police are moving to electric to give them the silent approach in catching bad guy's

Los Angeles Police Stealth Patrol - Motorcyclist Magazine Up To Speed - Page 1

“There are major benefits to incorporating these environmentally friendly motorcycles. It costs less than 50 cents to charge compared to using gallons of gas, maintenance is simple, and the community appreciates how quiet they are,” reports Officer Steve Carbajal of the L.A.P.D. Off-Road Unit. “Most importantly, our officers have an added tactical advantage while on patrol.”

SgtAlbercaMMX-edit-623x442.jpg

Article from Motorcyclist America states the Los Angeles police are moving to electric to give them the silent approach in catching bad guy's

Los Angeles Police Stealth Patrol - Motorcyclist Magazine Up To Speed - Page 1

"There are major benefits to incorporating these environmentally friendly motorcycles. It costs less than 50 cents to charge compared to using gallons of gas, maintenance is simple, and the community appreciates how quiet they are," reports Officer Steve Carbajal of the L.A.P.D. Off-Road Unit. "Most importantly, our officers have an added tactical advantage while on patrol."

View attachment 29629

While I would really love to get a manufacturing going for these kind of bikes....I'm not sure I agree with the "advantage" mentioned as for us "real bikers" that do not need to sneak up on anyone, we rather be heard then run over.

Lets face it, better be a "pain in the ass" (noised wise) to those socker moms then get run over by them (van on bike) because they "didn't see you"...- if my loud exhaust is bothering you bitch call the cops, but at least you didn't run over me - sry, just my 5 cents worth about first world laws, ignorant mother fucking lawmakers catering to mainstream assholes to make us "conform" then find new laws to protect us...and they wonder why we're here and do NOT pay anymore taxes to support them...(talk about corruption here...at least its out in the open)

just my drunken rant for today

Back
Top Bottom